Led's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gardentroll

seed junkie
Reaction score
I am really getting sick of these damn Mag Ballast as they dont seem to last worth a shit , I have
plenty of cash so what would be the best light , I am swapping out 2k , maybe 3 lights? I have a 7x10 area

Let me hear it

Peace GT

Have you LED guys seen a signifigant reduction in your power bill. I have been heavily considering going with LEDs , I can't hack this electric bill anymore. Also is heat still a concern???

Have you LED guys seen a signifigant reduction in your power bill. I have been heavily considering going with LEDs , I can't hack this electric bill anymore. Also is heat still a concern???

Well I have 2x110watt led lights in a 18 x 36 and temps are around 78 and ambient is around 70. I think my electricity bill is $20-25 more with my exhaust fan and 2 lights in Los Angeles during 18 hour veg.

As a electrician ,I tell people Leds are the gift that keeps on giving.
B4 Leds ,lets say im putting High hats in your house I would have run a new circuit for them. Now ,I would connect them to the existing lighting circuit taking all the existing incandescent lights out of the picture. In a high hat situation they give off little or no heat .When we used HPS heat was a major issue. I bought some heatsinks to remote my LED driver ( ballast) which was not needed.I need the little heat that comes off of them.

As a electrician ,I tell people Leds are the gift that keeps on giving.
B4 Leds ,lets say im putting High hats in your house I would have run a new circuit for them. Now ,I would connect them to the existing lighting circuit taking all the existing incandescent lights out of the picture. In a high hat situation they give off little or no heat .When we used HPS heat was a major issue. I bought some heatsinks to remote my LED driver ( ballast) which was not needed.I need the little heat that comes off of them.
Question
Can I add 4-5 LED high hats in kitchen to existing circuit without removing the old lighting? I need more lighting over a eating counter area , and would not always be on for cooking in the kitchen. Part of the kitchen countertop but wider to extend into a great room bar stool seating on other side. So like a Bar counter between kitchen and great room , ceiling mounted in sheetrock above.

Question
Can I add 4-5 LED high hats in kitchen to existing circuit without removing the old lighting? I need more lighting over a eating counter area , and would not always be on for cooking in the kitchen. Part of the kitchen countertop but wider to extend into a great room bar stool seating on other side. So like a Bar counter between kitchen and great room , ceiling mounted in sheetrock above.
Yes you can ,4 -5" high hats burn +or - around the same as a 60 watt incandesent .
A THING FROM GOD! the Leds that are a 1/2 thick that have a cord and a splice box with the driver in that can go over a floor joist.If you are setting a pattern of high hats in a kitchen symmetry is important and the beams dont work out or there are pipes in the bay or ac ducts .Times i have put a shower high hat and you want it center but a beam is in the way .Now they straddle the beam. Did a job where we rewired the whole house because it was aluminum.In the boiler room i put a led high hat that is also removable so it gave me access to the little attic above near the panel.The retrofit led trims for high hats are pretty good imho

Latest posts

Back