Legal Az grow...newbie attempt!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm legal now, been lurking in the shadows here for awhile, and am willing to share my pathetic 1st attempt results --the lessons learned--and my current 2nd batch of beauties.......man o man was i stupid before!!
everybody please chime in with comments/advice, i'm sure i'm still messing stuff up - -but i'm concentrating on the basics.....so far i have improved by approximately 8 billion percent.....
What i did wrong before: EVERYTHING
What i've got dialed in this time:
*Primo attitude seeds- northern lights#5(4)/northern lights x big bud(1)/ dinafem blue widow(1) some kinda Cheese i found in a cheesebud(1)
*All sexy females...whacked the males ontime
*humidifier at 55% during veg -still to high now 19 days into flower(45-50%) gotta get a dehumidifier quick, its monsoon here...muggy
*bubble cloner made,running, 4 clones rooted so far(outta 8)....need some work in this Dept.
*using Replicator
*30x scope...no bugs so far...Dr. doom lurking closeby
*happy frog soil.....5 gallon buckets, took em up thru their transplants
*paid BIG BIG attention to NO STRESS this time..ESPECIALLY in their 3rd week of veg..read that here somewhere, sposed to cut down on males- i had a pretty good rate of Females-8for 8 on my attitude feminized order and like 1 for 3 on my really good bagseed 'fillers'
*Botanicare nutrients
*reverse osmosis water
*Hannah digital ph meter
*ph at 6.5 after nutes added....6-7 ph coming out of pot bottoms
*Light,light, and more light.....3400w's total
*currently under a 1000w hps cooltube and a 400w mh
*Room within Room...mylar lined..partitioning flexible
*window ac unit (1st on list of needed upgrades)
*basic breeze fan or two...not directly on babies
*Temps at 79-82 lights on....65-74 0ff
*500cfm Canfan drawing air thru cooltubes, up and out(1 more canfan waiting in reserve)
*Uvonair 3000 waiting in separate space to murder all fumes-then out de doh!!!!!
That my basic set up...soon as i'm properly certified, i'll add 2 more 12 plant sets to the room...i have 2 more 1000w cooltubes perched next to another canfan :)
I'd like to hear from others here in the old pueblo, share our common issues(heat!!). My nl#5 girls seem a bit finicky, little droop prone when too close to the blaze or a little thirsty, they all do the curl-claw thing....anybody have thoughts? they smell like a sweet skunk alredy
i have big hopes for this batch - they are just simply like a whole different beast than my 1st attempt with bagseed found in good dank meds....their overall health, the smell, growth rate.....should i be giddy they're only 19 days into flower? they look frickin awesome to me!!!
comments and pointers all greatly appreciated!!!1
Hamster Lewis...i watched your 1st grow journal awhile back and was impressed and inspired...thanx
*** am i saying?!?! i'm all accepting awards in my stoned mind and thanking the 'little people' who inspired me already!!!
you still inspired me :)
1st pic basic room...2nd pic:cheese up front 3rd pic: Blue widow,slightly tied back 4th pic: 4 NL#5 girls, runt on right in 3 gal. smart pot 5th pic: Nl x big bud on left, Blue widow center, same nl#5 in cage on right.
Runt Nl#5 is smallest at 20 inches dirt up, the rest are 27 to 30 inches tall

room 025.jpg

room 006.jpg

room 012.jpg

room 018.jpg

room 014.jpg

congrats on being legal in AZ. 2009? thats a lot of lurkin, good to see ya come out of the shadows!

Thanx,
its really only a year and a half of lurking. plus why pipe up wif nuffin to say?
I'm hoping for feedback from ANYBODY, by the way....not just arizona peeps.
I realize i need to take closer pictures, as i need to resize for here

^^ Hah

They look great, especially @19 days:aok:
Definitely sound like you're dialed in my friend.

Have you started any nutes?

hmmmm. did that update wrong...
i tied most of the main colas back, then spaced all the side shoots out and tied them too. I broke the top half of the blue widow trying to bend it, so i just untied and am hoping it'll be ok..the cheese snapped like that 2 weeks ago and seems to be fine.
my clones have mostly all rooted now ...not so sold on my bubbler, i think the little plugs are just as effective (8 for 10 for me)
Before the bending
DSCN4739-1.JPG

LIFE!!!! clones of the girls, all sprouted, happy frog with 1/8 strength veg nutes,24/7 flouro's with 10 hrs a day waaaay in the weak 400w mh glow in the big room, breaking em in for a few weeks...numberd even!!
DSCN4732-1.JPG

Hope i didn't come across too smug at the start of my journal...i'm just absolutely thrilled that after my 1st hilarious fiasco- i'm now trying to mind my botanical P's and Q's- and i'm gloating about the DIFFERANCE i now see...not that i've got that much figured out yet.
i think i now know 7 things...out of prolly 794,653 more things to learn.
so plz stop shunning me...even us Amish have feelings.......
maybe i shouldn't have used the term "Lurk"......
****I AM NOT A LURKER****
(said with extended Nixon fingers and shaking jowls)

Na man, its a compliment! Doesnt look like you need any advice.

Those buds are developing well.
For the broken ones, just make a splint.

use your pipe cleaners to wrap em at the break. High Stress Training.
bend em a little at a time...

starting a stealth grow and was wondering if 2 ft of space is enough for mom. bought a 3 chamber wardrobe cabinet for $130, 72" high. hopefully sativas will fit but starting with ministry's angelmatic and big bud xxl. been freakin 4 weeks since i ordered though.

Arizona legal? pigs do fly. im in a liberal state where it will likely happen soon. i thought arizona was way far to the right...? jesus is tha lard!, and stoners are fags....

I would use caution doing too much LST, etc this far into flowering, especially when you really don't have height concerns or similar. At this point, they want as little stress as they can get.

The Hemp Goddess said:
I would use caution doing too much LST, etc this far into flowering, especially when you really don't have height concerns or similar. At this point, they want as little stress as they can get.

:yeahthat:

I will train the helll out of them in veg and early flower but once they start putting on bud I try and keep the training on the gentle side...especially if height is not a big factor. No need to make your ladies into cross dressing hermaphrodites.:)

:) :)
no,no,no...i don't have 'it' down, need the helps!!
o.k, cool, i appreciate the inputs on stressing ..i did what i did to really just get more even light distribution to the lower/side shoots...i won't do any more
i didn't want to top any of these magic beans (175.00 frickickin magically xpensive!)- after i almost killed EVERYTHING right off the bat as seedlings.tried my own mix of soil and perlite and basically created a 'death grip chokehold mix', great for strangling the crap out of any and all tender little seedlings. they sprouted fine, then over the next week - as i watered (each time suckiung my 'mix' tighter) they just were all withered to little hair size stems- they actually were getting smaller after a week..finally i panicked at 8 days- they couldnt barely stand- replanted straight to happy frog, and put one NL#5 (the runt) into a drip bucket . the soil transplants squeaked thru after a few days- one died immediately( ny48)- and the survivors are what you see now...the runt in drip bucket was 1/2 size of her sisters at a month- so i put her in soil too, and she's lagging behind.
i had succsess topping my 1st batch...one of the positive lessons learned..hell even the worst mess ups are now positive in some ways.

pigs flying??
we're very progressive and open minded here in az......the lovely gov.
had the great compassion to allow us medical marijuana, very considerate after deporting all the regular suppliers and locking the border up....see? it would have been cruel and unjust to leave us hanging......aw,geez, thanks!!!

I have my clones in a separate area, and yesterday saw a little 1/4 inch long green inchworm just grazing away on one of the clone. i sprayed him with dr. doom immediately -then suddenly he disapeared...huh? yep...nowhere to go..but gone nonetheless, i even scraped around in the little clone cup dirt to see if he burrowed...
so next , i spent 6 hours setting up a duckblind in the hallway to better camoflage myself, stared down my sniper scope for 19 straight hours....and Voila!! bagged the sucker!!! easy!!!
after catching the little illegal immigrant in the act--i could SEE HIM CHEWING--i hit him directly with Safers plant spray...nothing...more Dr. doom...nothing...finally i just bashed him with a brick.
I'm hoping it was a random occurence, but i'm going to keep an eye out.
Anybody know of these little inchworms? he didn't fully "inch" when he moved..but looks just like a green inchworm..
I'm posting pic's in a few of him and the damage the undocumented fool did.

Also: Hempgoddess n Hamsters had dead on advice on not doing any LST at this point..after doing my tie down session- everybody was looking bummed out. I freed everything up yesterday, watered last nite - and walked in to some happy girls again this morning...guess i was trying to do too much.
Thanx youse two :)
pic's later tonite the girls as well- just wanted any advise on the green worm asap

no matter what i do- it wont let me post pics..i've resized to next to nothing...hmmmm. i followed the tutorial and had no probs with my 1st pics- now it just keeps saying the file is too large....

shits happen desert dweller... ull find the way! I had a hard time but I made it... Im glad Someone else feels inspired by HL... I also spent like 3 4 hr reading his journal great grower n h just started in 09 I think"WHAT UP HL? lol good luck they look really good

thank you,Doctor. the girls seem to be back on "a shade fatter" every day. i definately shouldn't have tied them this late, its like they had hangovers until i cut them loose again...gonna try pics again..no signs of the greenworm...i really do have pictures, i didnt imagine him!!

desert dweller said:
no matter what i do- it wont let me post pics..i've resized to next to nothing...hmmmm. i followed the tutorial and had no probs with my 1st pics- now it just keeps saying the file is too large....

What are you using to resize your pics? I use Infranview or Picasa.....both are free programs. I believe 800x600 in jpeg format keeps you golden.

Latest posts

Back