Legalization In US Not so great of an Idea

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
astra007 said:
put haze in the hands of a 16 - 18 year old new driver? or a 26 year old for that matter.

I fail to see how legalizing cannabis for adults over 21 (or even 18) would make it easier for minors to get a hold of. If your 16 - 18 years old and for the life of you cannot find any pot then you were probably homeschooled in little house on the praire. Being over 18 yet under 21, its much easier to aquire pot than alcohol. I have like three or four people I could call up and they would sell it to me, without carding me or even being over 21 themselves in most cases. I have friends 21 so neither are difficult, but for a 15 - 16 year old pot is currently way easier to get.

Again on the driving note, it is my conviction that if every drunk driver were completely stoned instead of drunk that the deaths due to impared driving would fall about 75%. Even if cannabis impares you as much, which I believe in my case it does not, you don't have that drunken confidence and you are more likely to take it easy and drive safe. Also, there is nothing stopping a 14 year old from stealing mamas keys when shes gone and going to the store and purchasing ten packets of morning glory seeds, eating them up, and going on a road trip. Or taking 2 or 3 of those vicodin or methadone out of her cabinet. There are much worse drugs which are completely available right now which would impare driving worse than mj. Im sick of the whole 'what about the kids?' argument. Im not condoning letting kids get pot but they are gonna do it either way. Didn't we? Id rather have my kid get stoned than huff paint or any opiate or even drink. Marijuana is the safest recreational substance in the world save oxygen. I'll quit rambling.

Latest posts

Back