Legalization PUSHES FORWARD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trillions of atoms

Dare to dream...
Reaction score
hxxp://news.yahoo.com/pot-legalization-efforts-forge-ahead-key-u-states-175321189.html[/URL]

:bong:

Count me in, and check off one more for Ron Paul while we're at it. :D

*If he drops out Im voting Vermin Supreme:ciao:

Sales would only be allowed to adults 21 and older through marijuana-only stores licensed by the state Liquor Control Board, which would also oversee production and processing of the drug. Laws on drunken driving would be amended to include maximum blood content thresholds for THC, the main psychoactive element in pot plants.
Colorado already has a robust regulatory system for medical marijuana that includes a registry of over 80,000 card-carrying patients and rules governing how physicians and distributors operate. Here, too, legalization advocates are stressing a rational regulatory approach.
"Voters aren't being asked to imagine as much as they are in other states, they have seen that marijuana can be regulated and it doesn't result in significant problems," said Mason Tvert, co-director of the Colorado-based Campaign to Regulate Marijuana Like Alcohol.

I can't see any of this working without fed legalization (unless that's what's to be put on the ballot, but I don't think so???), feds will simply put the squeeze on the state liquor control just like they have on the doctors, the dispensaries and the people using. Licensing shops won't matter if the feds will simply squeeze them out, same as is happening now.

It's a great thing, but I fear that not enough states supporting will only mean failure and possible make for a harder push later. I sure hope I wrong on this.

Now, they see momentum on their side, pointing to an October Gallup Poll that found a record 50 percent of Americans support legalizing marijuana use, up from 36 percent five years before.

I wonder what number will be the one they can no longer ignore?

"But that said, even with a majority of likely voters in both states saying they favor legal marijuana, we know in the final stretch there's always a small percentage that get nervous or scared off or fearful of change," he said.

Ain't that the truth. Case in point, had a conversation with a friend that told me he voted against MMJ in MI. His reason?? Well, he was worried a yes vote would bring visitors to his house (like voting yes would get him on a list or something). This is an otherwise rational person, his wife voted yes.

One study published in 2011 by researchers with the University of Colorado Denver found 39 out of 80 teens in a Denver substance abuse program had at least once obtained pot from someone with a medical marijuana license.

I'd wager a high percentage of them sharing were brothers, sister, sons or parents...or even friends. This is a tough one, we all know people who can't get good product and are forced to use whatever the stuff is on the street. Would be hard to justify to opponents that this is helping in the overall health of the community (less chance of getting laced/tainted product) and brings down the number of street sales (less crime). Perception...

For supporters of legalization, the medical marijuana trade has been a mixed blessing. Critics say dispensaries, in addition to serving the truly sick, supply recreational users who have no real medical problems despite claims of backaches or pain.

Ahhh, a complaint I've had for all this time as well. The thing is,who are they (opponents) to say what qualifies and what doesn't?? Better laws making the doctor/patient relationship more a part of the process would help, BUT the laws now merely push the quality doctors away (VERY hard to find doctors around here....unless you go to the dispensaries/compassion centers etc (they have a whole list of doctors, usually ones they've worked with). I know, I know, we should all have the right to use, no matter the ailment...and I AGREE!!!! The law at this time doesn't, though and standing in a line for a 5 minute visit to a doctor really looks shady. The law makes for this problem, they then point to the lines and say how corrupt the whole system is.

Holcomb, the director of the Washington state initiative campaign, acknowledged some voters view a large share of medical pot users as illicit recreational tokers. But she said her campaign will turn the argument around, when it seeks to convince voters full legalization is good for the state.
"You're ending that hypocrisy and restoring respect for the law," she said.

She has a lot of work ahead, that's for sure!! Maybe Unc Sam will actually listen to the people some day....we can only hope!!

Getting high and voting for Ron Paul hopefully everyone gets out and does not forget lol

Unfortunately Ron Paul comes with other policy choices as well....like not being pro choice. Wish he wasn't so wacky...he might hve a chance then.

I'd love to see Ron Paul vs Congress...... he is out there on a few things though........alas I'm going to be left voting against instead of for someone..... again!

Grower13 said:
I'd love to see Ron Paul vs Congress...... he is out there on a few things though........alas I'm going to be left voting against instead of for someone..... again!

We're closing in on too political....but I'm left wondering who the real choices can possibly be.

Roddy said:
We're closing in on too political....but I'm left wondering who the real choices can possibly be.
+1

Latest posts

Back