Lemon skunk K def?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjrivers

Reaction score
using organic roots soil. water with gh nutrients 1-1-1 all thru veg and now 2-2-2 becasue I'm bout to put into flower. All the plants are 100% fine except the Lemon skunk. I'm thinking K def but wanted mp's opinion.

2012-02-16_12-38-56_69.jpg

2012-02-16_12-54-56_349.jpg

2012-02-16_12-55-07_889.jpg

YES, it looks like a late stage potassium deficiency, imo. Excessive sodium causes the K lockout.

Some products/remedies for K-Deficiency are: Wood ashes, which are fast absorption (but will offset ph), Kelp Meal, which is medium absorption, Greensand, which is slow absorption, granite dust, which is slow absorption. Sulfate of Potash, Sulfate of Potash Magnesia, Muriate of Potash, which are medium absorption. Foxfarm GrowBig Hydro, which is fast absorption. (FFGB can bring your ph down as well) Earth Juice Meta-K, which is fast acting. (Can bring down your ph as well)

Effected leaves won't recover, but you'll see a turnaround after about 4 to 5 days when using a fast acting nute.

should I trim the leaves that r damaged or just leave em

I'd minimize shock to her at this point, so no, don't trim the leaves. Leave'm be for now till they wanna drop, if they do at all...

mjrivers said:
using organic roots soil. water with gh nutrients 1-1-1 all thru veg and now 2-2-2 becasue I'm bout to put into flower. All the plants are 100% fine except the Lemon skunk. I'm thinking K def but wanted mp's opinion.

I'm confused on your nute schedule.....Why did you run 1-1-1 all through veg? You should be running GH nutes 3-2-1 (grow-micro-bloom). I would be concerned with them having enough N to get through flowering. Why are you running 2-2-2?

it says 2-2-2-to transition ur plants to bloom. says it right on the bottle. ik its 3-2-1 I wasn't doin that because I'm using the new soil so I was goin light in nutes.

The reason that you should have gone 3-2-1 is because that is the correct proportion of nutes for vegging. If you wanted to cut the nutes, you really still need to maintain the same ratio of nutes--you should have gone, for example, 1 with the grow, 2/3 with the micro and 1/3 with the bloom. Your plants are most likely deficient in some of the grow and micro nutes as you have been using a light transition feeding schedule the whole veg time.

I personally never use a transition feeding phase when going to 12/12.

You are mixing organic soil with chemical nutes. The chemical nutes will destroy any benefits of the organic soil. If going to use organic soil allow for your plants to use up the beneficials first(3 weeks to a month and 1/2) then use the chemical fertilizers. I would say use a stronger solution of nutes since you have already used them in your organic soil.

Latest posts

Back