Less Males, More Males, More Or Less...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dream grower

Don't forget your towel!
Reaction score
For years I've grown crops where the plants were spread way apart. Always got at least 50% males. This year they are tight together. and only 2 out of 15. Coincidence, or maybe the plants know:eek: Any expieriences or thoughts? Or should I just roll another one???

P804 the grove_renamed_20473.jpg

i always think rolling another one is a good idea. haha i could guess that maybe its just a coincidence. but i know you can do things to help get more females. is it possible you tended theyplants better because you didnt have to travel far to get the the next? like in less of a hurry? maybe prepared the soil a little better? idk just some guesses. but good job on all the females!

Call me crazy. But,I have a theory that when planted out of "line of sight" so to speak, more males occur. To get more pollen in the air to find it's way to those few females. When planted very close together, less pollen is needed to reach more females. Probably better burn that doob now, huh?

Latest posts

Back