Lets Talk Dirty

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4u2sm0ke

Reaction score
:hubba:

got ya attention?....I been makeing my soil now for a few years and come to relize just how much time and Money goes into a good super soil...well I found a soil a couple years back I tried in the veggie garden and worked great...and @ $30 a YArd ready to grow...I added extra lime and perlite...and turned in my barral for a week...than placed into 32 gallonn Garbage cans...anywho thats where Im a stop dirty talk for now....I want to know how folks are tryn save money ..while still delivering a great product...and How much ya figure ya spend on a Gallon of soil?...okay lets Talk...:48:

Nasty boy/old man, got my attention.

So give, what is the brand of soil you can get for 30 dollars a yard? Do they deliver?

I like the Worm Farm in Durham for some nice rich organic worm filled soil myself. That was $60 a yard, if this old brain remembers correctly. I got to get some more next season. New soil for me, for mothers day.

So 27cf in yard. Thats $1.11 or so a cf. Thats crazy cheap. Pro mix like $4.50 a cf and thats a pretty good deal. Even making your own is more than $1.11 a cf. you are lucky to get soil base that cheap.

maybe nouvelchef can come get some...as we know the costs..been talking to my buddy Ray jay about this after running the Pink Lemonaid in the garbage can out back in this....nothing added but good Ole SHed Inc H2O Babby....oh someone better send a memo to the VP of SHEDInc....soils been changed:p

4:20 here...:bolt::bong:

I compost everything I can and use it as nutrient filler in NC's recipe. I have not figured out how much my soil costs. I am afraid to.

ps...:hubba: :hubba: 4U what are you wearing?????:hubba: :hubba: :hubba:

just yesterday spent $98 on soil amendments---2 bags of castings, 5lb rock phosphate, 5lb lime, 1lb dry kelp, 6 oz dry humic acid, 50 lb bone meal, i'll be mixing some of this with green sand, soy meal, alfalfa meal, and mycorrizae already on hand for a transplant 1 to 5 gal in about 5 weeks

actually only some of this stuff will be in the mix---some is used for tea---some is used in watering---some is used as a top dress

happy growing 4u

Aint goin to want my recipie been throwin **** leftovers guts skin bones leaves scraps my **** her **** there **** your **** every **** into pile then stirin rotatin tossin and turnin then I get the wife to sniff it, and ifin she say it smells to bad to grow tomatoe plants in the house I say then the be growin in the garage? Yup! Be weres I grows them. Oh soil reckon it be like colneral sanders and secret reciepie this point ;)

BWD

No ****, she smells it for you? Is that the straight ****? You have a great woman there, BWD. :)

Peace

Well she aint havin to get to close to be smellin it reckon it be notice from a few feet back ;)

BWD

began useing NC's recipe last year, without all the amendments, just what I was able to find, at the time. worked good thru veg, but fell flat in flower, and had to use my EARTH JUICE nutes. first of this year I was able to round up the rest. this full mix runs great on just un ph'd tap water that I let sit out to evaporate the chlorene.
upped the pot size in my small 4'x4' grow space, to 5 gal, and now just watch the girls and water when needed. :icon_smile:
as of today, I have two different strains at ten weeks in flower, and there is absolutly no signs of defficency or yellowing. :cool:
after harvest, I dump the "used" soil into a large covered container, keep it damp, with runoff from the girls if needed. this is what I use for growing/vegging my clones. I don't keep mother plants and just clone from clones. they grow lush and strong, again, with plain water.
my wife filled twenty 5gal nursery pots with the full mix, 30/70 for her veggies this summer, and just watered. :hubba:
cost? guessing about $100. but most supplies were bought at feed stores in 50# bags, waaay more than I will probably use in the forseeable future. :D

Rosebud ps...:hubba: :hubba: [B said:
4U[/B] what are you wearing?????:hubba: :hubba: :hubba:

nothing but me Big Ole Grin:D

okay heres some pics of the dirt and the Pink Lemonaid...This was a test run over the summer to see whats what...and Im so impressed I want to run a Shed season to see how they do. I buy this soil near by and screen out the larger chunks of crap them add Lime and perlite...allthough the soil makers say no need..i did anyway. planted the Pink lemonaid in the garbage can of soil and gave nothing but water from the hose....she is fading fast now so tells me I wanna feed half way through the flower stage in Shed....I have a Gooey in the Shed I planted in the soil on the 1st Sept. and plan to put her in flower this weekend ...My Buddy Ray jay will chime in soon Im sure...untill next time

take care and be safe

020.JPG

022.JPG

029.JPG

033.JPG

032.JPG

038.JPG

046.JPG

P8290001.JPG

P8290002.JPG

BackWoodsDrifter said:
Aint goin to want my recipie been throwin **** leftovers guts skin bones leaves scraps my **** her **** there **** your **** every **** into pile then stirin rotatin tossin and turnin then I get the wife to sniff it, and ifin she say it smells to bad to grow tomatoe plants in the house I say then the be growin in the garage? Yup! Be weres I grows them. Oh soil reckon it be like colneral sanders and secret reciepie this point ;)

BWD

:rofl:

your too funny my fire side friend....Your close to what I have but no need wifey sniff:spit:....please say Hello to her for me

:48:

Im crazy and I knows it ;)

And a wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle

BWD

I have a side by side grow with the soil 4u gave me and the soil I was using. 4u soil is kicking ***. I mixed it half and half with my soil and threw a few into flower to see what it does there. Im going out Saturday to pick up a yard to mix with the batch of soil I just made. Expecting great things.

Your plants are looking plenty happy. I'll be watchin' to see how the indoor run goes. What will you be planting in?
And I like that bear with the flag:D

Living in Southern California I grow outdoors with a simple grow medium of Fox farms ocean grow, Miracle grow, fish emulsuion and broken up clay soil from my own backyard. Mother nature does the rest.

BackWoodsDrifter said:

BWD

OMG dude that is freakin halarious! i repped ya for that, thanks for making me smile :D

Latest posts

Back