Let's talk trimmers and trim trays

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lyfespan

Reaction score
Just thought we could expand on what's available out there as far as power trimmers, and trim trays on the market and created in your garage.

This a pretty fancy trim tray, lol
Ok so link doesn't work but it's the Harvestime Technologies - O-G Worker Bee (Starter Package) - The Only Complete Professional Flower Trimming Tray and Pollen Collection Workstation, on amazon, it's got everything.

I was looking at this for a beginning spin trimmer
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/The-Clean-Cut-M-6000SBU-Hydroponics/dp/B009O3JIKM/ref=cm_wl_huc_item[/ame]

Fisker's and Turkey cooking tray for me.
That first link doesn't work, and the second.. I'm not a fan of those at all. Or even any of the machines. They can majorly damage and rip off trichs as it goes around, all for a super sub par result.

:yeahthat:
never understood; you put all this time and care into growing it.. then thrash it around in one of those?
why be lazy now? (unless you've been lazy the whole grow, then the machine fits. IE; for cashcroppers)

JMO ;)
:)

Oh, I don't know about all those objections. Have you seen the pictures posted here of some of the outdoor grows? It takes me days to clean my little indoor grow. I can't imagine the time it takes to clean a dozen of those giant outdoor plants.

Actually, something much bigger like this...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110v-18-Ele...7957736?pt=US_Hydroponics&hash=item4d21b47a68

... would appeal to me (if I had that much to clean). Looks like you can gently hand roll them across the grate and let the fan blades do the work. I can't imagine cleaning those giant outdoor plants with my tiny little scissors that I use. LMAO

Hopefully, some day I will have this problem. LOL

Actually, I remember the Ruskie that was here for a while mentioning a DIY cutter made from a computer fan. I have a zillion of those. And, for my tiny harvest, it might be neat.

I wish I had enough pot to use this one....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Centurion-P...9433619?pt=US_Hydroponics&hash=item3f36080013

I don't understand this one. How does this work? Couldn't find a video for it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Green-M...655778?pt=US_Garden_Tools&hash=item20e5d15922

And, what's this?...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BUD-STRIPPE...3901342?pt=US_Hydroponics&hash=item4ad491bf1e

Anyone ever try barber shears?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Electric-Co...t=US_Shaving_Hair_Removal&hash=item3f3ae3f6c7

dude, If there was a non butchering one I'd be all over it... Last year was about 35 days of trimming day and night weekends, right after getting off work week days, non stop... Have a few helpers here and there, but it is definitely work! The days of a whole crew getting baked and clipping together **'ing all day are fun, but the 8 hr solo sessions get old fast!!! It's all a means to the end. Like Kaotik said, all the tlc they have received so far, not gonna butcher them now.

Addded, that was compost piling pounds, POUNDS!, of smaller branches and lower stuff that got lost to time/pm/and just too long not enough time in the day to get to it....

Addded, that was compost piling pounds, POUNDS!, of smaller branches and lower stuff that got lost to time/pm/and just too long not enough time in the day to get to it....

I have 20 plants to groom come October, as well as work shifting into high gear. I'm gonna need to get the majority of this processed, dried and cured, while the machine will be great for the bulk, the kolas will still be hand trimmed. I just don't want this to be a month long affair

Ohhhh, you poor outdoor growers have plants so big it takes too long to trim. I feel so sorry for all of you. LMAO

Wish I had that problem.

20 plants... what's that 10 - 15 pounds, all total?

Ohhhh, you poor outdoor growers have plants so big it takes too long to trim. I feel so sorry for all of you. LMAO

Wish I had that problem.

20 plants... what's that 10 - 15 pounds, all total?

only if you are a rookie...I drop 1-1.5 lbs per plant...bud, not the mixin's for extracts and such which make up another lb per plant ...multiply by 15 and yeah...it kin be a prob...but hey...its gonna be much easier with 15 then the 30 I grew last year...;)))

mojo

I hate you guys. LMAO

I struggle my butt to get a few ounces per plant. LOL

Scissors and music and my hands is all i need idk about them trimmers i will do it by hand i enjoy it its rewarding for me atleast the first plant or two lol

Scissors and music and my hands is all i need idk about them trimmers i will do it by hand i enjoy it its rewarding for me atleast the first plant or two lol

Yeah the first few plants, that's why I just want to do the kolas by hand. After doing my indoor crop, only 8 plants, my back and neck have had enough of that. So for bulk trimming I was just wondering what people turn to out there.

Not to mention all that tasty scissor hash scrapings! To the trimmers go the spoils.

that's one of my biggest gripes on these machine trimmers.
we used the gas trimpro, and got some insane hash from it.. and a LOT.
made me realize just how rough these are on your buds, just raping your trichs.

i mean if it's machine, or letting them rot, easy choice..
says it all that the ones around here who had/had access to the machine.. still went back and ended up paying trimmers to do it after a couple runs, and retired the (expensive) machine.

they don't leave a nice enough finish product IMO, and they really thrash your stash.

i think some were looking at those simple round ones you turn by hand.. i imagine turning that crank would get as much or more annoying than cutting by hand.

It killed this ole lady last october. I am not kidding... all day every day for a month it seemed like. I absolutely hated it and had terrible allergies by the time i was done. This year I have just as many plants and somehow think it is going to be better. I need a pound off Nurse Larry for RSO. The rest is to enjoy...with my daughter and one friend that is going to help me harvest. I figure if i keep her in pot all year she can help me harvest. I hope she is like minded.
But, i am with Kaotik, i didn't put this time into these to have some weed whacker whack my weed.

I own a SpinPro trimmer and have been using it for 2 years now with great results. I knocked out 5 plants in an hour and one half two weeks ago. My buds come out looking great every time too. I love my trimmer!

Latest posts

Back