Light, 24 hrs or not?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lokimonoxide

Reaction score
Should i have a light on them 24/7 or is it better to recreate natural conditions and leave it off for a bit each day? Thanks.

where are you at? are they new seedlings, clones?

if you are not ready to flower...24 hour light is fine

They're all about 2 inches tall as of the present. Thanks Ldylunatic. Vancouver Island is quite a wonderful spot. I'm from barrie ontario, it sucks here.

ive always done 24/7 but now do 18/6 less electric and plants seem to like the rest from growing and look fresher.

just my twenty cents

pkj

24/7 light is great, that is all that I use. In 24/7 light it is a proven fact that your plants can do not need darkness during veg and that your plants will grow up to 30% faster.

IMHO, the electricity issue is not so clear cut because yes you will save power initially in 18/6, but you will have to veg for a longer time which you could end up using more electricity

Man, this one has been argued a million times. Both sides present valid points/facts. I personally use 24/0 under flou's, and believe it reduces stretch and grows the quickest plant to maturity. But usually switch to 18/6 under HID to give the light/ballast a cooling break.
But I also can't help but feel, that it goes against natural genetic evolution, possibly ....not maximizing quality. I remember reading an article sometime back, by DJ Short I think, on environmental influence and induceing sativa tendencies to maximize potency. He got into hours in both veg and flowr, spectrums, even angles of light to, what he believed, enhance the turpine production and quality.
I'll look for it. It was an interesting read.

http://www.cannabisculture.com/articles/2600.html..found it..

Latest posts

Back