Light advice lec or led

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RonnieB

Reaction score
Im looking to buy a good light. Its between California lightworks and HLG and an LEC fixture. Anyone use lec lighting?

By LEC are you referring to CMH? If so then yes I use them. I have found that I like the CMH in veg but not as impressed with them in flower compared to my DE HPS 1K's.

These days if building out a new veg/flower room I would go with specgradeled's Verta 8's. I have no idea what kind of space you are working with the HLG's are great lights too. If it were me I would totally forget the CMH aka LEC altogether and just run the LED's:D

2b2s

I want at least 5x5. I think one lec with vertical bulb would cover that.

By LEC are you referring to CMH? If so then yes I use them. I have found that I like the CMH in veg but not as impressed with them in flower compared to my DE HPS 1K's.

These days if building out a new veg/flower room I would go with specgradeled's Verta 8's. I have no idea what kind of space you are working with the HLG's are great lights too. If it were me I would totally forget the CMH aka LEC altogether and just run the LED's:D

2b2s
LED verta 8?: thats out of my budget. Its gotta be under 1000 and 4x4 or 5x5

I would need 2 LEC 315s. Not sure if thats a good idea. 1 is good for 3x3 in flower. Im hoping to get 4x4 or 5x5 for under 1000

So the correct name for the LEC is ceramic metal halide. LEC is a marketing term: Light emitting Ceramic. It is intended to capitalize on the LED and LEP (light emitting plasma) nomenclature. These CMH's would cost more than a good HLG 650. Also if you decide to go the CMH route consider the DE 630 watt CMH and by DE I don't mean 2 315's in a single hood I am referring to a true double ended bulb:D

2b2s

Latest posts

Back