Light bulbs always come broken..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, always let the arc stabilize before its dimmed or modified with third party devices if you need to. I'll attach the exact wording for clarification.

A pulse start lamp must warm up for at least 5 minutes (15 minutes for probe start lamps) after the lamp has cold started or hot restarted before dimming can commence. The lamp must never be started in the dimmed operating mode.

I think starting a 600 watt bulb at 1000 watts would be dangerous ,don't you think?

LOL oh ya! KAboom! Glass grenade, that's why you start 1000w lamps with 1000w ballasts and same go's for 600w lamps with 600w ballasts.

:)

I think that is what Track wants to do, use a 600 w bulb in a 1000 watt dimmed to 50%, I just would not do it. I am scared of fires I don't intentionally start myself. Correct me if I am wrong Track.

I think that is what Track wants to do, use a 600 w bulb in a 1000 watt dimmed to 50%, I just would not do it. I am scared of fires I don't intentionally start myself. Correct me if I am wrong Track.

Yeah, but light said that that is not a problem because at 50% the bulb is never subjected to 1000w at any point.

Yeah, but light said that that is not a problem because at 50% the bulb is never subjected to 1000w at any point.

Actually, this is what he said: "A pulse start lamp must warm up for at least 5 minutes (15 minutes for probe start lamps) after the lamp has cold started or hot restarted before dimming can commence. The lamp must never be started in the dimmed operating mode."

I would say that what he is saying is NOT to start a bulb at 50%, which would not allow you to use a 600W since it would have to be started at 50%.

actually, this is what he said: "a pulse start lamp must warm up for at least 5 minutes (15 minutes for probe start lamps) after the lamp has cold started or hot restarted before dimming can commence. the lamp must never be started in the dimmed operating mode."

i would say that what he is saying is not to start a bulb at 50%, which would not allow you to use a 600w since it would have to be started at 50%.

<3

Latest posts

Back