light burn help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

707NewGenGrower

Reaction score
plants 2 weeks into flowering, left town and they grew so much they got too close to light and tips got burned a little
some are just yellow but one is kind of brown burned
is that dead or will it recover?

Mj is tough. It might recover. It's that beginning growth tip out of the top that if it's burnt to a crisp it won't recover. Just give it up to a week to see if growth continues and you'll know.

The burned area won't recover, but unless the entire plant is burnt, you'll be fine. If the area that hit the light is more then 50% burned- you can cut it right off.

Damaged leaves never recover, regardless of how they got damaged. "Real life" often interferes with my growing life and my plants grow into my T5 because I keep it so close to the canopy. A few leaves with light burn won't hurt your plant. I'm with BB--if they are over 50% damaged, I remove them.

Yeah, I just had to do that yesterday on a couple of my plants. the tops were right against the glass of the HID and was dry as broom straw. I just cut that part off the plant and pulled it over some to tie it away from the light. I wonder if the bud that I cut is any count to smoke as the buds are covered in trics, but that one being cooked, IDK. I had to take several of the smaller limbs that were reaching for the light and "gently" break their necks. I feel like I am doing a scrog without the screen, lol, but it works.

only the tips are burned the plant is fine so ill just cut the tip then thanks for info all =]

I wasn't away on vacation, but the same thing happened to me and she was in Veg stage. I waited a few days for the brown parts to crisp up real good before I clipped off the brown, but not all the way to the green. Don't ask me why I clipped it, I just went with what I felt was right. But she popped back to life and has just begun to flower....She is growing & fluffing up real nice now & the best, prettiest baby I have. I hope she'll give me some good bud in a few months. Yep. She's a baby. One of the survivors from my first grow.

707NewGenGrower said:
only the tips are burned the plant is fine so ill just cut the tip then thanks for info all =]

If only the tips are burned, I would be thinking nute burn, not light burn.

sorry i took so long to check this thread - i clipped the tip and its doing great, fan leaves are still burned but only a tiny tip of it still burn color, rest is growing new green and getting bigger
couldnt be nute burn, didnt used enough to burn it at the point i posted thread, 100% sure light burn, it was just hot in room too so it stretched a little thats why only tip got burned

Well even still what you have to understand is that the plant will use certain amounts of nutes at certain stages of growth. While you may have not been giving alot of nutes, the plant may still be getting too much of one certain nute it doesnt use anymore and is burning due to it.

Without photos its hard for anyone but you to see whats going on. If your using HID and it was resting and dried out then its safe to say it caused your tops to burn, but if leaves are burnt futher away from the light too it could very well be something regarding nutes.

What N-P-K are they getting now that they are in flower?

i would post pics if i had a camera =[
using 1/4 tsp beasty p/gal 0-50-30
this isnt my first rodeo, ive used same nute cycle last 5 runs and all been perfect, ive just never had light burn before, i was going to clip it originally but i thought id check in with you guys in case they came back for some crazy reason

Well it sounds like you got the right idea. Sorry bout the cam situation I know it kills you to not be able to show a pic too.

it really does =[ i want to start a journal myself so bad but without camera theres no chance
thanks for baring with my bad descriptions tho =]

Latest posts

Back