Light Burn tip?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fugly

Reaction score
just wanted to let you all know....after frying some leaves because my light was too close to the plant. i decided to bring home my raytek temp gun from work...and have since accordingly adjusted the height of the lights to leaves to a cool crisp 85 degrees....im sure if i vent the heat from the lamp, i can get the light closer and adjust by temp as well accordingly.

so a nice tool to have is a temp gun...thats all :D

fugly said:
just wanted to let you all know....after frying some leaves because my light was too close to the plant. i decided to bring home my raytek temp gun from work...and have since accordingly adjusted the height of the lights to leaves to a cool crisp 85 degrees....im sure if i vent the heat from the lamp, i can get the light closer and adjust by temp as well accordingly.

so a nice tool to have is a temp gun...thats all :D
To a point, your correct. However, infrared isn't affected by air movement. That would be the limiting factor unless you used some kind of infrared lessening lens cover.

85 degrees is right on the limit. At plant top height, I try not to go over 80. Growth slows for many strains in temps over 80. At 100, many of them stop growing and become dormant until the heat backs off towards evening in the wild. Inside a grow room, they would just stop growing.

Are you using a fan? It might pay you to use a window a/c unit set on 80.

i am using a very large basement....and do not have any room heat issues other than if my light is too close to the plant. i see your point about the infrared from the light vs. heat generated from the light itself.

i will adjust the light accordingly to 80 with the laser temp gun on the top of the plants. thanks. :)

Latest posts

Back