light cycle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you want to begin flowering you change to 12/12.

Not all pH "readers" are good. Some of them are horribly inaccurate and it is a mistake to rely on them. So, exactly what type do you have?

I never use a 18/6 light cycle.

Not all pH "readers" are good. Some of them are horribly inaccurate and it is a mistake to rely on them. So, exactly what type do you have?

I never use a 18/6 light cycle.

those soil ph readers, i have seen how horrible some are, they would not identify battery acid in soil, i guess all the cheap ones are just garbage, try dolomite lime with slight acid fertilizer for a couple of times, i guess that healthy soil should balance out by itself but i'm only speculating, as soil is not my game, to my game, hydro is the name :stoned:

Well yes its a cheap one so I guess I will have to go get a better one

It doesn't even have a name on it so cheap it is I got it from Ace Hardware for 13 dollars

If it is one of those that you stick in the dirt and it is supposed to read the pH, then yes, it is junk. They are really worse than nothing because you believe that you are checking and adjusting your pH, but it is so inaccurate that you could do more harm than good.

Running your lights 18/6 encourages stretch. Vegging 24/7 will result in bushier plants and therefore more bud sites.

If it is one of those that you stick in the dirt and it is supposed to read the pH, then yes, it is junk. They are really worse than nothing because you believe that you are checking and adjusting your pH, but it is so inaccurate that you could do more harm than good.

Running your lights 18/6 encourages stretch. Vegging 24/7 will result in bushier plants and therefore more bud sites.

No, I think he's referring to those yellow ones you get on eBay. They measure the pH of the water.

I would like to also strengthen the comment about the lights.
From what I've read, marijuana does not require a dark period. It will grow as long as it has light, so keeping the lights on for 24 hours a day is best. Most people still use 18/6, which is the minimum, but 20/4 and 24/0 (24/7) is optimal.

The only reason I keep it down to 20/4 myself is due to safety. It's too suspicious to keep my AC on during 8PM-12AM when it's rather chilly outside.

Latest posts

Back