Light frequencies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the_riz

Reaction score
Hey guys, me and doc green just started flowering our 15" bushy orange bud! :aok::D at last!

Anyway.

I got a black light for the grow room, so if i did have to turn the light on for any reason, it wouldnt interfear with there dark cycle too much..

Is this correct? i mean i heard plants require certain frequencies of light, some are harmful in certain periods.. Would a 60w black light on for a couple of minutes do any damage?

Also, Is there any benifit to shortening the 12/12 period to sonmething like 10/14?

cheers for any help

riz

the_riz said:
I got a black light for the grow room, so if i did have to turn the light on for any reason, it wouldnt interfear with there dark cycle too much..

Is this correct? i mean i heard plants require certain frequencies of light, some are harmful in certain periods.. Would a 60w black light on for a couple of minutes do any damage?

Also, Is there any benifit to shortening the 12/12 period to sonmething like 10/14?

200 - 280 nm UVC ultraviolet range which is extremely harmful to plants because it is highly toxic.

280 - 315 nm Includes harmful UVB ultraviolet light which causes plants colors to fade.

315 - 380 nm Range of UVA ultraviolet light which is neither harmful nor beneficial to plant growth

I don't know what frequency the lights you have put out, but you can see from the above information that none of the UV spectrum is beneficial to plants.

I've heard that some strains need less than 12 hours of light to flower, but I've never heard a particular strain or from anyone who has actually had one *not* flower at 12/12.

awesome.. cheers SB, Ill use the light in emergencies, i mean the plants are enclosed within the cardboard fortress, so its not too bad..

As for the flowering.. if ours dont flower under 12 12 ill cry lol.. i just wondered if it was benificial to run less than 12 hours of light for any reasons..

cheers man

riz

Latest posts

Back