Light from top of seeding

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrOysterhead

Mr Oysterhead
Reaction score
the light is about 8.25 inches from the tops of these seedings how much closer can i get with out damaging them

seedling2.jpg

What type of lighting?..flourescent tubes can be within an inch.

doesnt look bright enough for a MH and not the HPS yellow so i am gonna guess flouro or CFL.

if its a flouro, like hick said it can be right up on it. CFL maybe just about 4inches. the closer the light is the more LIGHT INTENSITY it has, for every foot away from the plant a light is it loses half its light intensity, this is true for flouro, cfl, mh,and hps, none of them are exempt from the laws of nature.

production.jpg

yep flouros, get them lights to where they are darn near touching the plants! notice how your seedlings are a little tall and lanky, thats cause they are stretching for that light.

do you have something that covers the front of your cabinet so that light isnt just spreading out into the room?

not really right now i have some cardboard slabs that i could use but i need to go out and get so black plastic or somthing

no i saw your other post you just made, it has doors that close. i just wanted to make sure it wasnt open like that all the time. looking good so far man.

Latest posts

Back