light leak prevention

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guerillaweedfare

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Haven't been on in some time. I'm in need of some advice on my new closet grow I'm trying to plan out.

I want to split my closet (roughly 3x3x8ft) into two grow rooms. The bottom section would be the flowering and the top section would be for vegging.

My only problem is that I can't think of a good way to ensure there are no light leaks where my divider, which would probably be made of plywood, butts up against my closet door when I close it. Has anyone ran into this problem before and know of any good material to use to keep a good seal?

Thanks

they have this rubber seal for Garage doors fits over the closet door and pushes up against the wall...this should work for you

take care and be safe:bolt::bong:

Some sort of weather stripping might work.

But whatever you try turn on all the light you can in the vegg area and climb in there and shut the door with the flower lights out you will see if its sealed.

I doubt that there is a way to make the divider board that butts up against the closet door light tight. I also doubt that the closet door itself is light tight. I believe that you may end up having to make a box within the closet to keep the flowering space dark.

thanks for the tips. I think I'm going to look into that rubber seal for garage doors...and no I have never tried panda film before.

THG - You're right the bottom of the door isn't light proof yet but I think I'll be able to rig something up for the bottom crack. I was just more concerned about the leaks coming from my vegg room and the seals around my 6" flex pipes for venting.

And I would put flowering on top and veg on bottom, then u could put reflectors on veg lights, might make it easier

Thought I would just ask in this thread instead of making a new one.. best way to deal with light leak from my intake vent from outside? I have heard about the pvc elbows, Would I just use one or a couple in different sections? I am running flext duct from intake..And for the out-take vent to outside I was thinking I might need a damper for when the fan is off and would that prevent light leak ?

You can just use an elbow buddy point it toward the ground and paint the inside of it black so it doesn't reflect light out.

Latest posts

Back