light leak question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maineharvest

Reaction score
I'm growing in a wooden armoire and have some good size light leaks around the doors. I've tried some weather stripping stuff but it doesnt work all that well so I'm looking for any input on what y'all might use.

Got a pick? I use leather strapping or cow hide strips use as hinges for me doors dont know ifin it would work fur ya thats why a pic be nice.

BWD

Put some plastic and/or duct tape on the inside to overlap the light leaking spots.. (if that makes sense..)
or
Taking a stroll around the hardware store is also a good way to brainstorm solutions.

aluminum tape be a wonder as well reckon work by me too for such things. Placin the cabinet within a closet that has door be helpin reduce as well. Good luck friend.

BWD

I stapled leather strips along the doors on the inside.
Hinge side would get stapled on both sides. Other 3 sides of door would just get an stiff overlap.

cover it with a big blanket as long as you can still get air flow

If you can still find it at the hardware stores, there is a black rubber weather strip that is about 1/4" thick and 2" wide, that comes in 25' rolls. That is what I use on mine. It is made with a moulded angle to it so that if you turn the angle against the door on the inside (just like the guys said with the leather strip) the angle of the rubber will hold it tight against the doors when they close and trap any light coming throught the crack. :)

The leather strips are a good idea and yours too hushpuppy.

Latest posts

Back