Light Leaks???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DillaWilla

Reaction score
Ok folks...Well I finished my flower room over the weekend and I must say it was a pain in the ass...it is 3ft wide, 3 ft deep, and will allow the plants to get up to 5ft tall. I currently I have 3-8 week old plants in there, 1 is definitely a girl and 1 is definitely a boy (based on pre-flowers) and 1 hasnt shown yet. Anyhow I built this flower room using panda film and plywood, I ran many tests and it is totally light proof accept for a couple little specs of light at the top where I attached the panda film to the ceiling...When I say specs thats what it is, its like stars at night or something...Now here is my question....

I know light leaks can cause hermies and crappy buds/yields...When I read about light leaks does this mean alot of light or specs of light??? Now that I have my 400 watt HPS in there it is hard for me to get to the ceiling...Is this a problem???

Your help is appreciated.

hey dilla'..I've had pple tell me that the LCD light from a powerstrip was the cause of hermies in their grow. I dunno if "that" is true, but I do know for certain that 'some strains', as well as certain phenos are more prone to herophradism from light poisoning/leaks.
"IMHO"..I'd seal it up. I prefer to NOT run the risk.

Thanks Hick...I am going to baton down the hatches...I had a problem with my timer today as I must have not set it right, I think that problem is fixed however...So I will seal it up ASAP..I will tell you this though the plants seem to be loving the HPS...I will post some new pics in the journal next Wednesday...Peace Out, GG, and HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!

I think that more than cause herm's, light leaks prevent flowering.
I had a freind call me once and ask why her plants that had been on a 12/12 cycle for a month weren't flowering. I went over and went into her closet and shut the door.
The little red light on the power strip, magnified by the mylar-ed walls was amazingly bright.
A small piece of elec. tape over the light cured her problem.

thanks for posting this.. I just learned something.

Hey Dilla. How long have you had your 400? I just bought a 400w HPS and switched out my CFLs about 10 days ago. I can really see the difference it has made -- especially with clones that were put into flower when I got it. I never saw "stretch" like this with the fluoros. Looking forward to seeing your pix. :cool:

Hey Rev...wassup! I have had the 400 wat HPS for almost a week now, I also have a 400 watt MH which is what was used to veg my plants. I agree with you as well though, they seem to really be loving the HPS even after switching from an MH. I will be updating my journals tomorrow...Peace Out and GG

Latest posts

Back