Light Leaks???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SmokeWay4

Holy Sic! SooOOoo Sticky!
Reaction score
I can understand not letting any light in your grow area when it's suppose to be dark, but if the lights are on and there are a few small cracks letting a little light out, is that going to affect the plant in any other way except that the little bit of light that escapes doesn't make it to the plant? and if light gets in during dark time, how is that affecting the plant?

do what ever you have to to stop light leaks in or out i find that that spray foam in a can works well with black spray paint on the outside Also if light is leaking in during the dark period then its really not a dark period cause light is getting in

Im just wondering what the repercussions are if you have light leaking out and in. Trying to reallllllllllly understand how the Wonderful Marijuana plant grows and lives.. Thanks

SmokeWay4 said:
Im just wondering what the repercussions are if you have light leaking out and in. Trying to reallllllllllly understand how the Wonderful Marijuana plant grows and lives.. Thanks
it can cause hermies which ruin your crop with seeds or it can prevent them from flowering depending on how much light is leaking

I have gone to great lengths to keep light out of my box. But in mother nature it is rarely ever 100% dark, the moon alone puts out alot of light. Why does it screw up my grow with a little light leak? Just curious.

frogman71 said:
I have gone to great lengths to keep light out of my box. But in mother nature it is rarely ever 100% dark, the moon alone puts out alot of light. Why does it screw up my grow with a little light leak? Just curious.

the moon light that is bein given off is light reflection.. its light from the sun that bounces off the moon and then we see it.. but im almost certain its not enough to hermie your plants so you shouldnt worry about that..and no1 wants hermies and seeds.. seeds are dead weight that wont b used (unless breeding).. hope this helped.. happy growin

flaboy88 said:
the moon light that is bein given off is light reflection.. its light from the sun that bounces off the moon and then we see it.. but im almost certain its not enough to hermie your plants so you shouldnt worry about that..and no1 wants hermies and seeds.. seeds are dead weight that wont b used (unless breeding).. hope this helped.. happy growin

Agreed

Latest posts

Back