light movement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QBCrocket

Reaction score
Gday MP I have always moved my lights up and down with my grow , I normally have the light around 2.5 foot from canopy , I have noticed in other post pictures the lights look fixed to top of grow rooms , should you move lights ? does having them up high cause stretch ?

That all depends on the lights, heat and PAR output. I run 6 double ended HPS in flower room. Ceiling height is 10 ft roughly 3 meters. Those lights are stationary, because of heat and PAR values. I ran screw in HPS before that and raised and lowered the lights.

I personally like the freedom to raise and lower lights as the plants grow.
The other option I love to eliminate hotspots is a light mover. I'm not running it currently, but it's a 5 foot bar with a motor and a reversing switch on each end of the track, and just glides back and forth over the canopy all "day". The light mounts to it.
I think if you are running a room with only 1 source point for light, or even a couple, having flexibility of positioning is essential. Heck, i often weight one side of my reflectors to tilt /aim them better on an uneven canopy!
More lights with better spread and angle, it's less of an issue.

An easy way is lightweight chains hanging from the ceiling and s-hooks that can hook into any link.

I move my plants and try to randomize the light levels but favor the best colas with the best light toward the end. Easy for me because I grow in 3 gallon pots. Probably not so in hydro grows.

Horrifying news from your part of the world, QB. Wishing Australia better times soon. The wife was in tears reading about the estimated death toll on your wildlife (as well as your citizens but she is an animal person).

I move my plants and try to randomize the light levels but favor the best colas with the best light toward the end. Easy for me because I grow in 3 gallon pots. Probably not so in hydro grows.

Horrifying news from your part of the world, QB. Wishing Australia better times soon. The wife was in tears reading about the estimated death toll on your wildlife (as well as your citizens but she is an animal person).
Hi OF8 , Australia has seen better times for sure , I saw an estimate of half a billion native animals that doesn't include farmers stock .12.5 million acres burnt now and still burning 17 dead and around 30 missing 720 homes lost , I remember watching the Texas fires back in 2011 how devastating that was never thought it would happen here .

Latest posts

Back