light movers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

P. BLAZUH

Reaction score
I have 16 plants growing under a 1000 watt hps,:D and at the begning of flowering 4 of them grew faster than the other 12:eek: so I put the taller 4 on the outer so they would'ent shade the others. Then by week 4 I noticed that the 4 that I kept on the outer were still taller, but were skinny with tiny buds on the top cola and side buds and the other 12 were still shorter but had real fat top colas and side buds.:( So I took the 4 taller ones and put them in the center, now two weeks later I see them getting fuller.:) but they R still bout 3 times smaller than the other 12.
My ? is would a light mover help with this problem next time, and Also do light movers increase yield or allow you to just grow more plants under 1 light, or both?:confused:

Im not to sure, but I think the plants grow all towards the light, but I have had odd ones that out grow the other plants all started the same time, even though I was watering from the same container, same soil and nutrients, these things happen,

I have found that there is three ways to slow the height growth down, one is by toping the main flower on the top, this will stun the flower and start to bush out, the second method is the one I use, and its to put the lights on the sides of the plant ( I use fluro plant light about 6 four footers on each side of the plant, but then again im only growing 4 plants), there is a third method I am now learning for a bit but haven't tried which is LST, Low Stress training, you can have muliti colas from one plant and its bushy and short aparently you will get twice the buds in the same amount of time as if you grow the way you are now.. LST is good if you have height restrictions as I do as im growing in my crawl space which is only 4 feet high

I have my take on light movers. but again its my 2:cents not fact.

I thnk an even canopy and a light mover "should" increase yeild. More Lumens spread over a large area. IMHO (Example) 2 light movers on rails with 400W over a decent ScROG would have more yeild than a 1K over the same area. It simple IMHO that a spread out medium to high ratio would be better..less shaded spots=higher bud ratio. but would have to be done right either way for true comparison. IMHO

I think they are well worth the value.. i just dont think i'd wanna deal w/ another piece of equipment... and another thing to plug in

I was actually looking into the light movers, and is interesting on how it works, also depends if you want to invest in that kind of money to do that, for myself personal use, I dont think its worth the investment for the quanity and quality I need...

If you are trying to do the least work possible, top the taller ones, or top them next time. I like LST, I like being hands on like that, and trying different things with my plants...

Latest posts

Back