Light on/off time

unix

Reaction score
I read in one of the grow guides that in the veg stage i should have 16-18hours light and 6hours darkness a day, is this right? i have been running mine 24/7 maybe thats why my plants arnt growing really fast? cheers guys

T

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT

unix said:
I read in one of the grow guides that in the veg stage i should have 16-18hours light and 6hours darkness a day, is this right? i have been running mine 24/7 maybe thats why my plants arnt growing really fast? cheers guys
I have found that my plants grow faster when the light is on 24/7. IMO i don't think that is the reason for your plants growing slow.

unix

Reaction score
Ok thanks grunt, i m going to try 18/6 for a fewdays anyway just to see if any changes happen that i can notice, and will go bak to 24/7 like you suggested.. thank you again

Hick

Git "R" lit
Reaction score
unix...you may notice what "appears" to be a growth spurt, faster growth under 18/6, but IMHO, it isn't actually faster growth, but more stretching searching for light. This equals more distance between nodes, not more growth.

unix

Reaction score
Auh ok then makes sence, so you also think i should go 24/7 mate??

Hick

Git "R" lit
Reaction score
"I" prefer 24/0 for vegging under flourescents, but I also like to give the light and ballast a few hours of rest and cooling period when I go to the HID.. So I usually revert to 20/4 or 18/6.

unix

Reaction score
Yeh awesome man, i have a hps i know it isnt the best for veg i have heard.. i just put my light back on then im going to keep it at 24/7 maybe turn it off for an hour or to once a night or something to let it cool down a bit.. these where bag seeds to really good smoke but i thought i would start them while i wait for my skunk xxx seeds which i have just planted one now it should break through the surface tomorrow or nexday..hopefully it does well i just got some new soil today aswell withought the nutes and stuff in it just plane seedling soil/

SEAOFGREEN

Reaction score
got the tubes on 24/7 at the mo with the top of the plants 3" from them.
is that a good distance?
the room temp is 31c is this ok for smaller plants?

Latest posts