Light Penetration?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also dont mean to argue Riddleme, but your plants look stretched and I doubt that you will get any better gram/watt ratio than with HPS and I believe that if your plants didnt give smell, it is maybe because of the lack of bud. how did you test thc to get 25% result?

I also dont mean to argue Riddleme, but your plants look stretched and I doubt that you will get any better gram/watt ratio than with HPS and I believe that if your plants didnt give smell, it is maybe because of the lack of bud. how did you test thc to get 25% result?

The stretchy ones are sat doms in the my garden today pic there are several strains,,,

Durban poison
Grandaddy purple
Mango
Wappa
Cole train
C99
Snow queen
Maui wowi

then some are my strains,,,

Colorado Thunderfuck
Namaste
Amethyst
Thunder Express

and 2 of em are mutts, seeds I found in the bottom of my drying chamber,

mutt #1
mutt #2

growin em out to see if I can figure out what they lol

don't care about grams to watts, like I said I grow for me, my average cost to grow is $20 an oz

and I grow 12 to 18 inch colas all the time I promise there is no fluff in my buds lol my curing jars smell great :)

I'm in Colorado, and it is true that they changed the rules with private testing no longer allowed but we used to be able to take buds to labs here, after the rule change I simply ordered the test kit that is used here by RM3 labs and by High Times at the cups. You can get em here,,,,

http://www.thctestkits.com/

hmmm.... but gram per watt is your yield. if you are using light at 100% unlike us simple old HPS users at 40%, doesn't that reflect in the gram per watt ratio?:confused2:

hmmm.... but gram per watt is your yield. if you are using light at 100% unlike us simple old HPS users at 40%, doesn't that reflect in the gram per watt ratio?:confused2:

actually my yield is the joy & happiness I get from growing :)

the 100% & 40% percent statement I made reefers to available PAR wattage, I have no wasted greens & yellows in my spectrum

and I never said using HPS was wrong or simple

in fact I very rarely weigh my harvest as like I said could care less about yields, my only pursuit is potency and maintaining a stock of older landrace seeds :)

actually my yield is the joy & happiness I get from growing :)

the 100% & 40% percent statement I made reefers to available PAR wattage, I have no wasted greens & yellows in my spectrum

and I never said using HPS was wrong or simple

in fact I very rarely weigh my harvest as like I said could care less about yields, my only pursuit is potency and maintaining a stock of older landrace seeds :)

right, but you consider your grow better in potency compared to hps because you use 100% of useful spectrum. I also don't believe this is true. I truly believe that you will benefit by switching your flowering area to HPS or the PROPER LED light like the one in Hamster Lewis journals not just any LED. But with the efficiency of T5, it is hard to surpass hps results in all aspects really. IMO use your T5 for vegging because you need less lumen per foot ratio so you can spread out your light better

right, but you consider your grow better in potency compared to hps because you use 100% of useful spectrum. I also don't believe this is true. I truly believe that you will benefit by switching your flowering area to HPS or the PROPER LED light like the one in Hamster Lewis journals not just any LED. But with the efficiency of T5, it is hard to surpass hps results in all aspects really. IMO use your T5 for vegging because you need less lumen per foot ratio so you can spread out your light better

I have a private forum that I have run for several years, a small member group that is very active and actually like a family. There are a few commercial growers there and a lot of med growers, we have had several members pass (the oil doesn't always cure the illness) but my point is that my CTF grown in my garden under the T5's has always tested at 25%.

Currently in my forum there are 12 growers growing my CTF and all of them but one are using HID's 400, 600, & 1000 watt lights. The one is growing outdoors. I will have ALL of test the CTF after harvest and see what the results are (will be a few months for some) and I will report back for :)

I'm not arguing though I do prefer quality and because you don't understand plants reaction to natural barometric pressure does not make it so. my plants have never stunk unless I slap em or knock em over, they smell and taste just fine once cured and I have 2 that test at 25% THC I grow regularly that most can't handle, 2 hits good for 4 hours for me :)

I've had 2 people tell me my buds are better than dispensary dabs

and I prefer my humidity in the 30's, well proven to increase resin % trics

I roll perpetual plants in plants out kinda thing so my area is hardly ever harvested all at once, I only grow for myself and average 2 to 8 oz's per plant depending on method, veg time and strain

trust me my area is dialed in I have pulled a elbow off 2 plants several times in the past

You know what's better then a pound of dank....2 pounds of dank. You always get the "quality" guy stating quality over quantity, when they can't produce quantity.

The ole "testing" ploy. I have my herb tested too my friend. 26.3% on my Kosher and 26.8% on my cookies. But, if you know anything, you will know that the testing is false. You can take your meds to multiple testing facilities and get different results from the same run of herb. I have seen a range of up to 10%. There is no standardization on testing MJ, not yet at least. This will not happen until the Feds reclassify and they put in standards.

I am not really tryin' to argue with you. We are different monsters. I grow for a living. All I am getting at is ,imo, you are overthinking. I guess if I had only a few plants flowering, it might not stink, but if you have a big room full of flowering plants...it stinks. Period.

Hey Hal, do you ever have issues with yourself or others having allergic type reactions ffrom working around the plants or during harvest?

Hey Hal, do you ever have issues with yourself or others having allergic type reactions ffrom working around the plants or during harvest?

Not really sir. Well, my wife's friend does now that I think about it. She visited one time in full flower and had a sneeze attack. But that is the only one that I can think of off the top of my head.

BTW...riddleme, I thought we were talking about opening the stomata, not a pissing contest. There are other ways too my friend. Same result..better healthy plants.

You know what's better then a pound of dank....2 pounds of dank. You always get the "quality" guy stating quality over quantity, when they can't produce quantity.

The ole "testing" ploy. I have my herb tested too my friend. 26.3% on my Kosher and 26.8% on my cookies. But, if you know anything, you will know that the testing is false. You can take your meds to multiple testing facilities and get different results from the same run of herb. I have seen a range of up to 10%. There is no standardization on testing MJ, not yet at least. This will not happen until the Feds reclassify and they put in standards.

I am not really tryin' to argue with you. We are different monsters. I grow for a living. All I am getting at is ,imo, you are overthinking. I guess if I had only a few plants flowering, it might not stink, but if you have a big room full of flowering plants...it stinks. Period.

I prefer quality, but as I have shown I can grow quantity as well, there is simply no point as I end up giving it away. So I'm not a quality guy lol

there is no ploy and yes I know the test are subjective at best

for not really trying to argue you are doing a fine job

big difference between doin it for a living and as a hobby

peace out

RM3

BTW...riddleme, I thought we were talking about opening the stomata, not a pissing contest. There are other ways too my friend. Same result..better healthy plants.

and I know em all
thank you

The stretchy ones are sat doms in the my garden today pic there are several strains,,,

Durban poison
Grandaddy purple
Mango
Wappa
Cole train
C99
Snow queen
Maui wowi

then some are my strains,,,

Colorado Thunderfuck
Namaste
Amethyst
Thunder Express

and 2 of em are mutts, seeds I found in the bottom of my drying chamber,

mutt #1
mutt #2

growin em out to see if I can figure out what they lol

don't care about grams to watts, like I said I grow for me, my average cost to grow is $20 an oz

and I grow 12 to 18 inch colas all the time I promise there is no fluff in my buds lol my curing jars smell great :)

I'm in Colorado, and it is true that they changed the rules with private testing no longer allowed but we used to be able to take buds to labs here, after the rule change I simply ordered the test kit that is used here by RM3 labs and by High Times at the cups. You can get em here,,,,

http://www.thctestkits.com/
No really seeing much in the way of landrace anything here, or did I miss something?

and I know em all
thank you

Remember...being proven wrong should be celebrated. Your statement here is a little pompous. And my bad, I do like to argue, it's the Internet. The best learnings come from arguments on the internet. Keeping the argument civil is the key.

I still learn new things, as I try to keep an open mind. Don't ever think you have no more to learn, as the Industry tech changes constantly.

I was just skooled here on this site. I was introduced to a new HPS bulb, a phillips DE. Great new tech with huge improved results. Even an old cat like me can learn new tricks. Believe I have seen more harvests then most.

So, you made no comment back yet as to why you would open the stomata and not boost your CO2? That just makes no sense to me. Increased CO2 is also proven to increase yield and resin production. You seem to be a guy that likes to get technical, and your missing the best tech tool out there.

You made another comment about how an HPS can't get a plant to stack trics on the leaves, that's just plain wrong.

You mentioned Heat Index. Achieving whatever heat index number you want is quite easy if you have the right equipment, and the 3 temps you mentioned are also easy to achieve, as they naturally fall into place most of the time. This is not really a big issue to monitor as long as you can control your ambient and RH.

I am not against T5's at all. I use them all the time, just not for flower. Do they work?, of course. Do they beat the quality of herb a HPS produces, no Sir. I am sure they could equal, I am not sayin' they suck.

Each persons reason and space for growing is different. No one way is the "best" way that can be reapplied universally. If it was , we would all be doing the same thing.

No really seeing much in the way of landrace anything here, or did I miss something?

Well me thinks you tied 2 post together, I did say in one that I maintain land race seeds and in the other what I was currently grow and realized I left out the Mr Nice Ash :)

http://420101.com/durban-poison

Durban Poison is a Land Race from Africa, so there is one in current grow but I'm actually crossing it this round as it has the early amber gene which is what I look for and breed for, I usually only play with one land race at a time.

Some of my beans are over 30 years old, some Dalats brought back during the war, Zamal picked up in La Reunion late 70's, I have the Oaxacan land race that Neville used to make his Haze, I have Komaoni which is a famous Charas strain (if you've never made Charas you should it is freakin the best I ever smoked) I also have a bunch of original 90's strains like Romulan, Blurberry, Romberry and SC91. My seed collection has taken me years to build and my intent has always been to keep em alive and going and I share them freely with that in mind.

I also have several Indica land races, Lebanese, Afghani, Pakistani,
Nepalese. I don't currently have a Thai (me and a friend are looking currently for a certain one) but I do have an original Northernlights #1

sorry if there was any confusion

Well me thinks you tied 2 post together, I did say in one that I maintain land race seeds and in the other what I was currently grow and realized I left out the Mr Nice Ash :)

http://420101.com/durban-poison

Durban Poison is a Land Race from Africa, so there is one in current grow but I'm actually crossing it this round as it has the early amber gene which is what I look for and breed for, I usually only play with one land race at a time.

Some of my beans are over 30 years old, some Dalats brought back during the war, Zamal picked up in La Reunion late 70's, I have the Oaxacan land race that Neville used to make his Haze, I have Komaoni which is a famous Charas strain (if you've never made Charas you should it is freakin the best I ever smoked) I also have a bunch of original 90's strains like Romulan, Blurberry, Romberry and SC91. My seed collection has taken me years to build and my intent has always been to keep em alive and going and I share them freely with that in mind.

I also have several Indica land races, Lebanese, Afghani, Pakistani,
Nepalese. I don't currently have a Thai (me and a friend are looking currently for a certain one) but I do have an original Northernlights #1

sorry if there was any confusion

let me ask your opinion on something i had a thread about, if you had to choose the most potent sativa and the most potent indica strains, like choose only 2 names to be your best, what strains would you choose and from which breeder? thanks

Remember...being proven wrong should be celebrated. Your statement here is a little pompous. And my bad, I do like to argue, it's the Internet. The best learnings come from arguments on the internet. Keeping the argument civil is the key. yeppers

I still learn new things, as I try to keep an open mind. Don't ever think you have no more to learn, as the Industry tech changes constantly.

I was just skooled here on this site. I was introduced to a new HPS bulb, a phillips DE. Great new tech with huge improved results. Even an old cat like me can learn new tricks. Believe I have seen more harvests then most. went and looked, sorry wasn't impressed, still has a lot of green, nothing I would do. But honestly I understand why they are popular.

So, you made no comment back yet as to why you would open the stomata and not boost your CO2? That just makes no sense to me. Increased CO2 is also proven to increase yield and resin production. You seem to be a guy that likes to get technical, and your missing the best tech tool out there. My CO2 levels are naturally high in my basement, tis a blessing I can raise ambient to 99 without any problems.

You made another comment about how an HPS can't get a plant to stack trics on the leaves, that's just plain wrong. got a pic? as I've never seen it? fan leaf, not sugar

You mentioned Heat Index. Achieving whatever heat index number you want is quite easy if you have the right equipment, and the 3 temps you mentioned are also easy to achieve, as they naturally fall into place most of the time. This is not really a big issue to monitor as long as you can control your ambient and RH. not as easy in a small sealed tent or room and didn't mention the barometric pressure variences caused by improper ventilation?

I am not against T5's at all. I use them all the time, just not for flower. Do they work?, of course. Do they beat the quality of herb a HPS produces, no Sir. I am sure they could equal, I am not sayin' they suck. I would think this depends on your definition of quality? Just this week I have had 3 people tell me my buds are better than dab's

Each persons reason and space for growing is different. No one way is the "best" way that can be reapplied universally. If it was , we would all be doing the same thing. I agree :)

Always love a good debate, I never claim my way is the best way and I am always learnin. My statement was not meant to be pompous, I also collect books and I read everyday. Have over 400 just on Botany, I have the 1930's book Soilless Gardening by Dr. W. F. Gericke, I have a 1911 book on Electroculture. I am currently experimenting with more different light cycles, Gaslight veg and a tweaked flower to see if I can reduce midday depression.

I came here merely to post my experiments with regard to true early amber trics, it is info that needs to be shared. attached pic is what it looks like in my current Durban taken yesterday at 9 weeks, you can see a few red trics as this is the sign of mature, they turn black when degrading, it is stuff that most growers are unaware of, which is why I'm trying to freely share it. One of the members at my site just brought it out in a Good Dog

Good meetin ya

View attachment durwk9.jpg

let me ask your opinion on something i had a thread about, if you had to choose the most potent sativa and the most potent indica strains, like choose only 2 names to be your best, what strains would you choose and from which breeder? thanks

A very subjective question as we all perceive potency differently. I breed for me, so I prefer and mostly smoke my strains, but they are not available in seed banks. My fav breeder is KC Brains as I like his old school genetics, his Northernlights Special (2004 cup winner) is freakin awesome, it is a sat dom hybrid.

My durban was a gifted clone of popular (well known) Colorado cut that has been floatin around since the 90's

For Sats I would say ACE their Zamaldelica and Golden Tiger are great (I have both)

My fav indica (hybrid) is grandaddy purple, I was gifted a clone of it when it was clone only, I S1'd it to get seeds and breed with it (none have shown the purple as yet but the high and taste are there) I used it to make my Amethyst which is GDP X Northernlights Special

I'm not a huge indica fan, I prefer sats

Latest posts

Back