Light Proof Curtain???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DillaWilla

Reaction score
Does anyone know where to get one of those light proof curtain's I have read about on this site ? Supposedly they are black on one side and white on the other. I need one of these, any help??? Thanks:confused:

i think what you are refering to is called Mylar....it is a plastic and can be bought at any building center ...black one side...white the other ...comes in rolls

DillaWilla peace,,you sound like my lawyer ,,,as always peace, love, rasta

Go to the fabric store and get some "blackout cloth". Ask someone that works there if you cant find it. Its about $6 per yard. It is designed to go behind curtains and blocks out sunlight.

Mylar is silver and reflective, not black and white.

sorry....my bad....its Poly :rolleyes: ...but as i said...is available at the buidling centre

Thanks All....However I still cant find this stuff, Home Depot says they have no clue what I am talking about when I ask for "Poly" does anyone else know what I am talking about???? It is supposed to be like a plastic sheet, white and reflective (not mylar reflective but white reflective) on one side and black and light proof on the other...your help is appreciated...oh an LDY I am not saying your wrong but it must be called something else here in the states...Thanks

thats strange the people at Depot don't know what you mean....even if its called something different you would think the sales people would be smart enough to know what your talking about when you describe it

next time we are out at Home Depot i will look for it and see what its labelled as

do you have any smaller independant lumber yards/building centers near you? the smaller placers have IMO much more knowledgable staff ...maybe if you have one you can try there...they would probably know what you need through a description

HLMYBWP.jpg

http://www.thelazygardeners.com/product_info.php?products_id=264&osCsid=a4d0cfd1d883236167d2b2d72551998c

A lot fo times it's called "visqueen" in the states, at least the clear stuff. Just go to home depot, find one of the dumb-asses in orange and ask them where they're "rolls of plastic" are. I hate that place.

Ok Cool, now that I have seen it in that awesome picture from LDY (thanks LDY) I know what I am looking for....and yeah Bliff Home Depot is hit or miss, sometimes you get an educated sales person and sometimes a total Lou Zer...LOL...Thanks All

Home Depot, the "Checker Auto" of hardware...:D

"Can you tell me the features of this refrigerator?"
.."Uhmmm, it has a door...."
most of 'em couldn't pour piss out of a boot if the instruvtion were on the heel..

That is so true Hick...and LDY thanks again, they have panda film and the hydro store and it is only a $1 per foot, so I am set!!!! Thanks for your help

I at least get service (maybe dumbasses) but at least get it. Lowe's is a yuppies nest. I think they breed in lowes. I have left 300 bucks worth of stuff right there at the check out at lowes.

So when I have to go its home depot. but I still prefer my Tru-value and Napa Auto. At least then I get somewhat of an intelligent answer.

Latest posts

Back