Light question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McDoobie

The Great White Jamaican
Reaction score
I was about to buy 2 1000w HPS hoods when i got a call from a friend who has 6 135w Taotronics ufo leds. Does anyone have any info on these? Id like to help out my friend and buy them, but not if id be better off with the 1000w HPS.

Any help is awesome!!! Thank you

Yeah I'd have to say pass on those. Very poor light and they only really run at about 80 watts each if that. Fine of you only want to veg plants.

I'd still recommend LED over HPS keeping it real.

Thanks, I ended up getting them for a steal, even if for only veg. I also got 5 Heavyweight fast & vast auto seeds. For the cost, I may as well give it a shot, lol. First time with led and auto, should be interesting and educational.

yes hopefully you got a good deal on these because they are not good quality at all. but at the right price why not. ufo fixtures are pretty much all low quality c.o.b (chip on board) units and have high failure rates and dont give off good yields. but im sure you will be able to get some decent numbers with enough of them in a small space. good luck to you sir!

Latest posts

Back