Light Setup

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trojan46312

Reaction score
Greetings comrads! Can someone tell me the ideal distance a reflector should be from the wall when setting up lights? I'm thinking if it's too close to the wall I would lose some spread. Any suggestions?

ok. yeah there are 3 lights. i want to put them in a straight line only because the way my room is designed. the walls are reflected with orca film so that makes sense what you said. thanks.

Yes, how large is your room and what size and type of lights are you using?

Sorry for the delay guys. The room is 99 square feet. There are 2 600 watt hps and 1 1000 watt hps.

Oh, I'm going to section off the room until I can get another 1000.

As long as you have good reflectivity(which I think that orca film does) and you center the lights within the grow space, it should be fine. I tried to set mine so that the light footprint is not too small when I pull the lights down to get them close(minimum distance to younger plants) to the plants. That way as the plants grow and I have to back them up to stay at minimum distance, I still get a good light coverage all the way out to the outside edge of the plants' growing space. :)

Latest posts

Back