light situation

blowinthatloud

Reaction score
I ordered a T5 fixture an it was supposed to be here today well got an email sayin it wont be here till wed next week. I have fresh seedling waiting to go under it, i have a 600 hps in my flower room but im runnin it 12/12 shoul i put them in there till i get the T5? BtL

techrons78

Reaction score
No at works go spend 20 at walmart get shop light use then return. .but no dont do that very bad.tech

Reaction score
How old/big are the plants? If they are still young and small, several CFLs will probably do them for 5 days or so until you get your T5. And then you can use the CFLs for household lighting. I really think it would be detrimental to the plants' growth and development to put them in 12/12 light for 5 days. Another idea would be a 2' shop light. You could probably find something at a thrift store or a Habitat for Humanity Restore place. When small and young you can get by with less light without a lot of repercussions later down the road.

blowinthatloud

Reaction score
Only a few days old, i setup a box an put them under some cfls like you said Goddess they are doin fine, a little stretch but ill bury them up to the cotys when i put them in there 3 gal pots..ty Goddess!!...BtL

orangesunshine

Drama Free
Reaction score
I ordered a T5 fixture an it was supposed to be here today well got an email sayin it wont be here till wed next week. I have fresh seedling waiting to go under it, i have a 600 hps in my flower room but im runnin it 12/12 shoul i put them in there till i get the T5? BtL

i would toss it in the flower room for a week or so---unlikely---but it might show sex for you and it will re-veg just fine when the t5 arrives

orangesunshine

Drama Free
Reaction score
Orange, they are seedlings?
and???

just tuck them under the canopy they won't burn---hi rb

i have never done it but have heard of many folk running seedling thru harvest on a 12/12 light regime

Rosebud

Organic dirt farmer
Reaction score
oh, far away from the lights? under a leaf? I get it. Good morning os.