Advertise On Marijuana Passion

LIght!

Reaction score
HI, two ?'s, my plants are in veg and currently under 24 light. I would like to make 20/4 for various reasons... will this stress plants? should I change light over time... also is there a way to tell if a bulb is not very good anymore.. THank you!!

pcduck

Feed the soil, not the plant
Reaction score
No this will not stress the plants when still in veg, but mj does not need a dark period while in veg and will have more stretch. You will just have to veg longer then if you kept them in a 24/7 light, so you do not save any money on electricity.

A light meter is the only sure way to tell if you have a decrease in lumens from your bulb or a decrease in yield will also tell you(but who wants a decrease in yield?). Most growers switch out their bulb every 6 to 12 months then use the old bulb as a back up.

Maximlis

Reaction score
Ya sure. Just put sufficient minerals to the plant. They will grow faster.

Reaction score
Maximlis said:
Ya sure. Just put sufficient minerals to the plant. They will grow faster.
I am not really sure I am understanding you. Plants need far more than "sufficient minerals" to grow fast. Proper lighting is probably the number 1 thing that determines growth and yield (strain runs a close second).

Hushpuppy

Dr MadBud
Reaction score
:yeahthat: It seems to me that the light is the key to yeild and everything else supports what the leaves and light are doing. :)

Latest posts