LIght!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
HI, two ?'s, my plants are in veg and currently under 24 light. I would like to make 20/4 for various reasons... will this stress plants? should I change light over time... also is there a way to tell if a bulb is not very good anymore.. THank you!!

No this will not stress the plants when still in veg, but mj does not need a dark period while in veg and will have more stretch. You will just have to veg longer then if you kept them in a 24/7 light, so you do not save any money on electricity.

A light meter is the only sure way to tell if you have a decrease in lumens from your bulb or a decrease in yield will also tell you(but who wants a decrease in yield?). Most growers switch out their bulb every 6 to 12 months then use the old bulb as a back up.

Ya sure. Just put sufficient minerals to the plant. They will grow faster.

Maximlis said:
Ya sure. Just put sufficient minerals to the plant. They will grow faster.

I am not really sure I am understanding you. Plants need far more than "sufficient minerals" to grow fast. Proper lighting is probably the number 1 thing that determines growth and yield (strain runs a close second).

:yeahthat: It seems to me that the light is the key to yeild and everything else supports what the leaves and light are doing. :)

Latest posts

Back