Lighter green plants

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LilDad

Reaction score
Hey y’all!

I’ve got another question!

My Afghan Auto has a really nice emerald green, but my Gorilla Glue Auto and Skunk Auto are starting to look a little on the lighter green/yellow side (all have been in the ground for a month now). I’m trying to dodge nutes as the plants are in Ocean Forest soil, which tends to run hot and I don’t want them to lock. Perhaps I’m being a goober and there’s no issue, but they seem perfectly healthy and are growing like…well…a weed.

Thoughts?
CA72D22D-32E7-4191-8248-26590003E943.jpeg
C1FB291B-423C-4F9F-91AF-C0B712D92081.jpeg

So no nutes yet aside from what is in the soil? If it were me, I would give them a quarter strength dose of nutes and see if they respond.

I am using Kelp4Less stuff now but you don’t want to wait for shipping. I like organic stuff because I don’t like checking pH. I think Advance Nutrients has a buffered line that you don’t need to check pH on. Haven’t tried it but you can probably find that in a grow store or even a small hardware store.

They call it pH Perfect. When I need more nutes, that is what I will get. I am lazy. pH is a pain in the bottom and a very common problem but cannabis needs nutrients. Unless you are using super soil, you will likely need need some nutes during a grow. A lot of people like Miracle Grow too but I think they require pH’ing…

Just putting this out there...

My last grow was lime green for a good while. I added fish fertilizer, and it burnt the tips. My soil's nitrogen is way high to begin with, so that wasn't the issue. I think that some plants just do that by the way they develope.

If you're not using tap water, I agree that a little cal-mag will help. Those pots look like they hold enough of the ocean forest to give them babies all the N they need right now.

I think they look fine.

Last edited:
If it were a nitrogen deficiency the leaves wouldn't all be uniformly light. The older leaves would fade and yellow first. You could have PH issue causing a potassium deficiency, but they look pretty healthy to me.

If it were a nitrogen deficiency the leaves wouldn't all be uniformly light. The older leaves would fade and yellow first. You could have PH issue causing a potassium deficiency, but they look pretty healthy to me.
That makes a TON of sense. I checked my hose water again, and it was ticking it at about 6.9 pH, so that needs to be supplemented with some vinegar/lemon juice to get the pH down to 6.

Bigs gonna tell you to add CalMag. I think he drinks it too. 😁

I had some plants one time that was a beautiful lime green and i was using Bat Guano so i know they were getting enough Nitrogen. Could be just the strain.
Then ive had plants that were a dark green that i used the same Bat Guano on,,,both plants turned out awesome. I honestly never worried about lime green leaves. Now if they were in veg and leaves turning yellow then i knew i had a Nitrogen problem and adding Nitrogen fixed it.

Last edited:
Bigs gonna tell you to add CalMag. I think he drinks it too. 😁

I had some plants one time that was a beautiful lime green and i was using Bat Guano so i know they were getting enough Nitrogen. Could be just the strain.
Then ive had plants that were a dark green that i used the same Bat Guano on,,,both plants turned out awesome. I honestly never worried about lime green leaves. Now if they were in veg and leaves turning yellow then i knew i had a Nitrogen problem and adding Nitrogen fixed it.

could be the strain is most likely the answer

yes we have had some nice lime green plants in the past , mostly sativa leaning

as long as it is healthy , I don’t care to much what color it is , any shade of green works for me

2A9FD42B-2787-4741-A402-D40A8D61767E.jpeg

These are indica, so that was my concern.

I’ll be more mindful of water pH and keep an eye on the lower leaves.
It’s also hot and dry(ish) in VA right now (much to my delight). Ultimately, they do look healthy, and I’ve got some fish food if things seem to turn south on Sunday (fishing trip this weekend).

These are indica, so that was my concern.

I’ll be more mindful of water pH and keep an eye on the lower leaves.
It’s also hot and dry(ish) in VA right now (much to my delight). Ultimately, they do look healthy, and I’ve got some fish food if things seem to turn south on Sunday (fishing trip this weekend).

good luck Amigo and here is to a happy harvest!

please give us an update in a couple weeks

2B864C30-533E-469E-A6C6-CE5BA4D4F468.jpeg

Latest posts

Back