Lighting. I'm new

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey, I'm new here at MPMF and I needed some information.
In order to recieve the best possible info, I guess I should give info.
I planted like...8 seeds inside.
I have 2 seeds trying to grow Outside
I am focusing on Indo right now.

OLD INFO:

Seeds are planted in about a 6 IN. Folgers coffee um....plastic container.
I have about 3"" of dirt in there. I planted about 8 seeds in there.
I don't have any money (main reason I'm growing) so I can't afford anything.
Lighting: This is my question, Will my current method work?
My lighting method -> I have a 75 watt light inside (not my main source) so I place the container outside in the sunlight from about 6 AM (sunrise) till about 7:30 8:00 PM (sundown)
The seeds have sprouted the single white root now(all seeds growing). 3 of the seeds have gotten to the point where there are 2 visable "Leafs" they are still white with a green tint at the end. So, will this sunlight method work for the entire growing process or will ther ebe something I must do?
Also, if there is anything I can do to make my shit danker or overall Better please let me know. Thank you for your time and also thanks in advance for your help.
(I have already read the stickies and the growing guide I found on this site, and on Erowid.)
Also, I'm using simple water from the faucet.

8 seeds in 3" of soil in a coffee cup? You say you read a grow guide? Better re-read it, or get a better one.
You can grow entirely outside but it's too late this year, unless you live in the southern hemisphere.

(I have already read the stickies and the growing guide I found on this site, and on Erowid.)
Where in those grow guides did you see that starting a 8 seeds in one 6" pot, in 3" of dirt, the proper proceedure to use?..
Unless you get them seperated into individual containers of quality soil, or in the ground in good dirt, your destined to failure.
A 75w incandescant bulb is useless for cultivation.
It's late in the season to start an outddor grow, but you could probably still harvest a small quantity of buds by october.

Well, I didn't have a potting plant so I decided to plant them in that until I could get one. I knew they wouldn't be able to actually grow into a good plant in that. So, I'm getting a Pot today and I am going to get some good rich soil. I have 2 seeds that loook like they might be savable. One has already died :( but its cause it got sqaushed(don't ask long story). I DO NEED A LIGHT right? a em...metal something I don't remember but before I go to the store I'll check. so I have a new question now. If I use the high wattage light 24/7 will it grow or does it need sunlight too? Also, how much water do they need, I don't think I've seen this in the guide.

EDIT: OK I have a pot I have the soil but I don't have the light. I sure hope sunlight will work :(

your not new - you are totally uninformed. sorry, but go read up on everything about marijuana growing and get at least the rudimentary items down pat. you got 4 different lighting choices, you need grow mix for soil and you cant use tap water. learn to germ first, then veg, next is sexing and full veg = then ya flower to get buds.

Damn yo...this sucks...all I wanted was a atleast a little bit of bud to grow. But I guess I can't make it happen :( . Well, I had the feeling this would happen...I may be done smokeing weed. Yeah, I guees I have to I'm left with no other choice. MY LIFE is in those plants right now. Holy shit man, i g2g

you "can" make it happen, with a li'l dedication, a few bucks and some luck.

go to your local library and browse. there is a ton of info there for free. then go to a good farm and garden shop, hydroponic, or headshop and tell them yer interested in starting. glean the info for free - take notes

knowledge is the key.

Well, I don't know...well anything about gardening. But my life has been filled with shitty luck...however no matter how bad it gets there is always some sort of luck....EXTREME luck... Anyaway, I have ONE plant growing. It has just started to "split" into the four leaves from the original two. I used Miracle Grow on one that looked like it was in a vegatateve state (after 3 days of looking brown and dying). Don't worry...I won't use it probly ever again and I only used it on 2/8 of the plants. anyway, the one that IS growing is looking pretty well. I have 0 Lights that have a high enough Wattage so I just use as much sunlight as possible. Using cardboard covered in foil to reflect it right back on the plant. One of the miracle grow plants have started up again. the others (Miracle or not) are not showing any signs of growth....possible veg state? So, I'm really hoping that this ONE plant will grow, stay healthy enough and produce some bud. I just have regular faucet water, but I'm setting a bucket outside to catch some rain water (I figure, Natural water+natural light=natural bud). I also use anything that I don't drink out of my poland spring bottles.
More on Miracle Grow: I really don't want to use it. I just feel that chemicals are not the answer to growing plants. I would be better off getting some high qaulity Manure

Unseen_Infection said:
Well, I don't know...well anything about gardening.
You need to slow down and learn how to do what you're trying to do. It's not something to learn *while* you're doing it for the first time. You need to learn a lot of things *before* you start growing.

Proper soil, proper nutrients at the proper time, proper watering, all of the things you need to learn much better than you know now.

The lack of knowledge you have will make this first attempt a nightmare of mistakes and attempted corrections.

As long as you know now, that you'll probably not get anything from this crop, but you will learn a whole hell of a lot, then you're ok.

If you really expect to get any serious bud from this first try, while learning basics, then as another member told you, you're setting your self up for a disappointment.

Use this first crop as a learning tool. When it's over, and you've started your second crop this coming year, you'll know enough to get a good harvest on that second crop.

Slow down and learn it the right way. Rushing to and fro won't get you any weed.

Good luck to you.

Thanks, but My life is at, well, a lo...VERY low point rght now,,,and I fear things will only get worse. Knowing what I know now....so much I would have changed years ago. yet I doon't think it owuld have affected today and the now.
Anyway, back to the plants. I atleast hope that I will atleast get some seeds from this plant before winter SO I CAN GROW NEXT YEAR. Or else I would have to find a way to get more...and I have no money, and no source of income...well...$25 a MONTH...great right?

My life is at, well, a lo...VERY low point rght now,,,
okay..maybe you shouldnt "partake" in an illegal activity such as growing weed right now....

....so much I would have changed years ago.
... Im confused?

I atleast hope...no...I pray...that I will atleast get some seeds from this plant before winter.
If you had the seeds.....would you make coffee with them?

...$25 a MONTH...
Who??

Im done.Sorry.

TURKEYNECK said:
okay..maybe you shouldnt "partake" in an illegal activity such as growing weed right now....

... Im confused?

If you had the seeds.....would you make coffee with them?

Who??

Im done.Sorry.

You just confused the shit out of me.

I think perhaps the point here may be thus;

If you are not comfortable/in a good place then perhaps the outcome is not going to be what you are looking for. Stress/desperation isn't going to make anything happen for you as far as plants are concerned, they just don't care about such things. They need attention and certain stuff that you just can't manifest from the need of herb alone.
I'm sorry to hear that you are not on good times though.

you mention that you make 25.00 a month but you drink bottled water and have a computer plus internet. this is kinda fishy. like a teenager living at home on an allowance trying to make some bud to grow as ya tried and liked it. we cant create something from nothing and nor can you. any age that you really are, take our advice and go to a public library and look up on google: marijuana growing - greenmans page is a good start or browse thru the books on growing plants.

sorry but go help yerself - we all had to and this is my last post on the subject. or go plant yer seeds in a public park with a sprinkling system.

do you know much strain your putting on your plants by putting them outside in day and bringing them inside at night?
i tried that and it didnt work at all they had skinny stems etc.

i am using 2 , 75watt lights and my plants are growing great. i leave my kinda dry though i dont water them much for some reason they grow better for me that way,

Well, i dont bring em outside anymore, i only did it 2 3 times. your right, the stems are rather skinny. except on one but the stem on that one looks like it is diseases it is very dicolored red and very little bit of yellowish.

Latest posts

Back