lighting on 11/13 schedule???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blondewannabe33

blonde mentality is alive
Reaction score
hi, came back in under this name, no response on other...hubbie is going to try light cycle on plants as 11 on, 13 off... what do you guys think? wil it in any way harm the plants? please post back before 5:30 as that is when he is starting it today, thanks!:D

hi i was watching a grow video from thc labs and they said that when they get to the last 3 weeks they turn the lights from 12/12 to 14 on and 10 off 14/10 they it give the buds a boost.but thier setup was huge so i hope this hepl you some lil sis or big sis

why are you not doing 12/12? is it an experiment? or is there a reason. Personally i like to stick to the tried and tested, thats just me. But where would we be without those pioneers who dared to try.

I think you would be fine but I wouldn't anticipate much if any change.

There are as many different light/dark cycle testimonials as there are people growing weed.

I've heard every single one of them give good argument to why theirs was the best. Convincing, too.

MJ is adaptable as hell. It will grow and bud under the weirdest combinations of variables as you can throw at it.

11/13, 10/14, 10.5/13.5, 12/12, 9 hours 37 minutes and 17 seconds, whatever.

12/12 is a solid middle ground to work from. Mess with it and reap or groan with the consequences.

Ha! I love growing this stuff!

It is definately one of the funnest hobbies imho.... i wasn't into it at all until i saw a friends setup.... he was right... very good pasttime.

hubbie is an experimentalist, what can i say. He decided to try it because he knew plants do most of their growing in the dark. he checked this morning, and it had grown way into the lights again. they are also no longer droopy. could be a coincidence, I wanted ya'lls tried and true opinion. I will pass this info on to hubbie.

blondewannabe33 said:
hubbie is an experimentalist, what can i say. He decided to try it because he knew plants do most of their growing in the dark. he checked this morning, and it had grown way into the lights again. they are also no longer droopy. could be a coincidence, I wanted ya'lls tried and true opinion. I will pass this info on to hubbie.
So, if your other half joins in, his name will be "blondewannabe33sHubby"?

Ha! Jus kiddin.

I'm glad the plants have perked back up! It sounds like you're on your way to a crop!

May the Gods of GREEN MOJO be generous with your next serving.

IMHO Longer light time is better than less. I think he may be confusing stretching for growth. Photosynthesis is required for growth. So to get a heavier yeild a 14/10 schedule would be better. DJ Short has an article on prolonging light to get a heavier yeild @ cannibis culture website. The problem is flower is prolonged as well for the process.
I might have gotten it backwards tho, I'll see if I can find the link again.

this is our ilghting system:
3 4' long red bulbs in wally world ballasts
4 4' long cool white " " " ""
I know it's generic, but it was the best we could do at the time;)
we are unable to afford any more red bulbs or hps right now, and are afraid if we undo the cool whites, there will not be enough lights. she was in veg state for 3 months, and is very fluffly and beautiful. she is wider than she is tall(kinda like my mom in law!). it has 12 first branches, multiple secondary branches, and tons of more branches off the secondaries, and has completely rootbound a 5 gallon bucket, at waist high. Should we remove the cool whites and just leave the red bulbs, as this is our first serious try. or should I cash in my change jar and buy more reds?
as good as she looks, we don't want to take any chances, we check on her numerous times a day.
p.s. I like the blondewannabe33sHubby, he'd use something else tho.

the plant gets its energy from light.....i'd try the 13 on 11 off;)

the out come will also depend on what strain you are growing as i and another mate have tried this lighting schedule and found some will flower ok and some will stretch to much due to lack of light.

experimenting is the way we learn:)

take care

cranky

going by the fragrance, it may be some strand of amsterdam gold??? it has a light skunky smell and a fruity taste(like plums)...just bagseed since it is our first real try:)

Hey You Can Get A 175 Watt Mh Or Hps For About 88-99 $'s At Homedepot. YOU MIGHT WANT TO MAKE A REMOTE BALLST SO YOU WONT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THE HEAT. Checkout My L Cheap'o Light Fixture It Might Help YOu If Your Short On Money

Latest posts

Back