Lighting question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenni

Reaction score
It's time for my plants lighting to be changed from fluorescent to the correct light for the flowering stage. Problem is there is no way I can spent $200 on a light right now. I have read that the lights you can buy for lizard aquariums work, do they or do you have any other cheap solutions to my lighting problem?

Please Help!

whats up jenni. welcome to the forum. how much can you spend on lighting? how many plants do you have?

No aquarium lights.....florous or HPS or metal halide. Insidesun.com has a 400watt HPS for under 200 bucks. O'wise pack em under the florous.

If you wanna stick with cheaper lighting then IMO its all about the flouros, so...

If you're going to use flouros, 4 foot shoplights that hold two 40w tubes are best. If you get two of these thats 160 watts for probably under $60. Three equals 240 watts still under $100. Home depot, any hardware store. When you're buying the 40w flouro tubes, look on the packaging and get the ones with the most lumens. A good flouro tube can put out 3000 lumens.

I have a four foot flouros right above my head, it's going in the clst! It has the two tubes, will that be enough for my two plants? Also how long after I put it under the light do I get to smoke it?

Thanks for your replys.

well it all depends on the strain, its can take 8 weeks of veg and 8 weeks of flowering or longer. i have a 400 watt ballast and bulb for sell it has less then 6 hours on the bulb and ballst. $60.00. i am going to place it on ebay tomorrow.

DSCN1902.JPG

yogi dc said:
well it all depends on the strain, its can take 8 weeks of veg and 8 weeks of flowering or longer. i have a 400 watt ballast and bulb for sell it has less then 6 hours on the bulb and ballst. $60.00. i am going to place it on ebay tomorrow.
Hey yogi dc, are you still trying to unload that thing? hahahaha!:p

Latest posts

Back