lighting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryansmall24

Reaction score
I have a 12 foot by seven foot room im starting how and i want to grow twelve plants in there how many high pressure lights do i need and can i grow more plants in there then twelve.

You have 84 square Ft. You need 5000 lumen's per square foot (That is said to be the growers minimum to Flower). 1000W HPS gives out 130k lumen's - 140k lumen's per square foot.

84 x 5000 = 420,000 Lumen's

You would need 3 1000w Hps lights in there if my math is right.

3 x 130 = 390
3 x 140 = 420

Depends on the type of bulb and ballast. lumen's go down after some use, so you will probably need a 600w backing them up to keep you above the 5000 lumen mark

You would probably want to split the room in two, a flowering and veg room. Would save you a little on electric that way.

you most certainly can do more plants BUT number of plants doesnt mean bigger yield, yield is related to lumens

ryansmall24 said:
I have a 12 foot by seven foot room im starting how and i want to grow twelve plants in there how many high pressure lights do i need and can i grow more plants in there then twelve.
i agree wit zem... its not how many plants.. its your lighting.. you wont pull from the plant (in grams) more than the number of watts you run..for instance.. 1k=1000g's but thats if your gettin a 1 to 1 ratio.. its not that easy to obtain it.. and i agree wit jericho that you would need 3 1k lights to get your 3000 lumens for veg and 5000 for flower

Split that grow room into a veg and flower room man it will make life easier. Buy either some floros like some T-5's, or an MH system for your vegging room and a few HPS system for your flowering room.

Latest posts

Back