Lights, Red or not

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve1

Reaction score
Do flowering plants do better under the red flowering setting on my lights or both the veg and flowering settings.? Does it matter?

My old LED's were blue and red for veg and flowering. The new ones I built are all white. My first grow under all white looks as good, if not better than my previous ones under blue/red or mixed blue/red and white.

Something I've been asking myself as well. Everything I've put under my predominant red led, has thrived, even in veg (it's a cheap durolux). I've excluded it this time to see if there is much difference, using a johnston cob, an HLG led, and a Durolux led (blue,white) right now (under 150 watts total), it looks a bit better with exclusion of the reddish led. Combining the 2 Durolux led types at first did increase production and potency, no foxtailing at all. However, my veg just using the durolux white led and the HLG produced massive growth that I want to approximate during flower with the introduction of the johnston cob and the excluded reddish led. A series of incremental changes seems to consistently increase quality and yield of produce.

Last edited:
The red LED's are for flowering, the blue for vegging. I always used both all the way through, from seedling to harvest. When my store bought LED's started failing I built my first white one and ran them together. Happy with the outcome so I built 3 more. Am using 4 200 watt white LED's to cover my 3' X 7' garden.
When I called customer service at Advanced LED's to inquire about parts to repair their lights, was told, none available, they're obsolete.

Latest posts

Back