lights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcliette1

yea
Reaction score
ok i have been looking at the topics on lights for about two weeks now. but there is one problem i dont have the money for the metal halide system or the hps system is there any other light that u could recommend me to use that will make the plant grow

Well you can get some CFL's (compact flourescent lights). They have some nice 42 watters that put out 2,700 lumens and will cost ya about $8 each. You get yourself 4 of those and you can grow yourself one or 2 nice plants. ;)

mcliette1 said:
ok i have been looking at the topics on lights for about two weeks now. but there is one problem i dont have the money for the metal halide system or the hps system is there any other light that u could recommend me to use that will make the plant grow

mc...IMO, purchase a pair of GE daylight CFL's from Wally World. I think they are $6.48 for a two-pack. Each bulb on 75W variety [6500K spectrum] puts out 1150 lumens, which we be enough to keep your plant going and getting stronger. Want a little better saturation?? Purchase a reflector clamp light [about $5-8], and a "Y" two bulb adapter [about $2], while you're there. For less than $20, you'll have some good light for your little babies! Hope this helps you out...
:aok:
Nelson

Hi there this is noodles.

Im using 2 cfl and a 120 watt grow bulb in a small closet and my plants are three weeks old. They are growing fast and are getting plenty of light. Im using a reflector for every bulb, puts out a good heat source and effecient lighting. My whole setup cost me about $40 bucks. This is my second grow and used similar setup worked good.:eek:

thanks alot for the help guy i burned my first set of plants because i was using a grow flood light and i think it was to hot for the little buds

Yeah I use a heat bulb to sprout seeds and all of mine are up in two days. I use till the plants are about an inch or 1.5 inches then under the fluorescent bulbs. This has been very good for me. I have 11 plants right now getting crowded though:p

Yeah I use a heat bulb to sprout seeds and all of mine are up in two days. I use till the plants are about an inch or 1.5 inches then under the fluorescent bulbs. This has been very good for me. I have 11 plants right now getting crowded though:p Oh I was going to say you could still use that light but raise to about 1.5 to 2 feet from your plants. You may have to water more but it sure speeds things up when starting, I have noticed any. :banana::banana:Maybe im just lucky :banana: :banana:

Latest posts

Back