Lil help please??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No they don't look droopy. Looks like a deficiency. Not sure what though.

Soil might be too hot for plants that young...looks like nute lockout to me. What are you growing in? What are you feeding themm

It's either bleaching or overfeeding imo.

What kind of light are they under? How far away is your light source?

What have ya been feeding them and how much?

Is the soil prenuted?

What kind of soil are they in? I see multiple issues and that is usually a sign of either pH being way off or nutrient lockout from being unbalanced somehow, either pH or too much of something.

I also think it looks like nute burn--the burned tips. However I also think there are other issues going on. But we do need way more info, like AM said.

Sorry about that. I thought I had put all of that down. I have them (the seedlings) in fflw all except one which is in ffof, but that was a mistake, so I think that one is def. nute burn. I'm not feeding them any thing yet. They are under 96x3w LED's. I have the light about 10 to 12 inches from the tops. My space is 3x3. I'm going to raise the light a little right now as I thought it might be too close. This same thing happened to all of my seedlings. I have three that have made it so far but they are growing very slowly. Could it be root rot? I'm puzzled. Thanks for the help guys. :) The healthy slow growing plants are in ffof and 3 gal. bags.

I believe your light is way too close. Everything I have read about L.E.D.s says 18 to 24 inches above the canopy.

I think AM is right, that might be led burn... I haven't seen it first hand, but i have heard it bleaches and the white stays forever... We need PJ to check in and see.

Good luck PP, maybe pm PJ and and see his thoughts about the led. That sentence had way too many P's in it.

I think AM is right, that might be led burn... I haven't seen it first hand, but i have heard it bleaches and the white stays forever... We need PJ to check in and see.

Good luck PP, maybe pm PJ and and see his thoughts about the led. That sentence had way too many P's in it.

lol You crack me up Rose... :)

I believe your light is way too close. Everything I have read about L.E.D.s says 18 to 24 inches above the canopy.

I had been reading the same thing AM. I moved it up several inches. Maybe a few more would be in order. I wonder if I burnt the others up as well?? I thought I had drown them. My son got some much better pics with his cell phone. I'll try to get those on here as well. Thanks for all the help Peoples... :)

So best I can tell is there are a few things going on. LED's if your food is out of whack can burn a plant in 24 hrs if the light is too close.

The reason I suggest keeping the light so high in veg normally is because if it is full spectrum, or bloom light it contains lots of reds and the PAR those put off at the early stages of life is a little harsh.

In this case however I am guessing the light has only been used in the veg state, so 12" to 16" is not unheard of and not that bad "If" the food is dialed in perfectly.

I am unsure of the nutrient level in the soil you use if any. I'm kind of taking a stab in the dark, but it looks like the plants were being starved, they lost the pigment at the top of the plant from that, and the light took care of the rest of the damage.

I'd put the light up at 2 to 3 feet and use some sort of mild food at seedling strength. It may be a little late, but worth the try if you have the time.

Thanks for stopping in PJ. I haven't been feeding them anything so that could be it. After the first couple of leaves come out everything else is yellow. The Fox Farm Light Warrior has some nutes but its supposed to be good for seedlings. I'll try feeding them something and raise the light. Thanks again.. :)

No problem brother, and I hope it all works out for ya. Please keep us posted!

I have no experience with Light Warrior, other than reading about it, and it should have had the proper amount of yummy stuff inside it for your young ones. Also, the soil seems to visually look dry actually...just thought I'd throw that out there.

Normally, I would say: PH / Nute Lockup / "Hungry" / Light bleaching....in that order lol! I have 0 experience with LED though.

Good luck sir! :aok:

Thanks everyone for all the help. I'm going to get my son to take some more pics. for an update. He doesn't get off work till nine. I don't have the money right now Rose. I had some stuff that a buddy of mine gave me. He works at the Hydro store. I added a little of that to the soil and watered them real well with bottled water. Could it be the water. The water in this area is notorious for being real hard. Most people have water softeners. I was thinking I had overwatered them before so I was trying not to do it again and may have let them dry out a little to much. Thanks again everyone, Pink/Green MOJO to all of you. :)

When did you use bottled water and how much have you used? I believe bottled water is exactly 0 ppm with no trace elements of anything, so you may want to supplement with some Cal-Mag added in to your bottled water?

(Disclaimer, I'm a noob... kinda. lol)

I'll take all the help I can get Dr. GF. I usually water with tap water, but this last time I just used bottled water, just in case. I think the light was too close was the problem. I'm going to get some pics. later, but I think I see some green coming back into the leaves. Thanks for the help DGF... :)

Latest posts

Back