liquid in stem?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

dankels

When I was topping my plants today, one of them had this purple liquid in the stem..none of the other plants had this. What is it??

dankels said:
When I was topping my plants today, one of them had this purple liquid in the stem..none of the other plants had this. What is it??
Whats up dankels. We had the same thing happen to one of our AK-48 plants. The juice was a redish pink color. Not sure what causes the color though.

thats kinda like plant "blood" but water and food, (nutes, sugars).... all in liquid form.... if its purple it could be a diff. are the buds purple? leaves? do the stems look purple from the outside? what are you feeding it? how old is it? in flowering?

need more info ;)

the only thing purple about them is the stem of the leaves, i just fed them a mix of fish emulsion and kelp a little before i topped them and theyre about 1month and 1 week into veg. thanks for the help guys

btw i have had good results with epson salts in my ak48 grows start to finish tsp per gall. with reservoir changes. i guess they are magnesium hungry. they also like calmag i guess its the same difference

I get the purplish liquid when I top also, never seen one that didn't "bleed" a little bit.

the only times they dont "bleed" is when underwatered... but no one would do that b4 taking cuttings.... rite? *sheepish look*

Latest posts

Back