Little advice for canna oil.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMOKINGRANPA

Reaction score
Looking to make some canna oil, tried butter after I cut down my last plant and the taste was terrible?
It looks like maybe the wet leaves gave me to much chlorophyll?
So looking to do oil with dry bud and leftovers from vap.
Seems straight forward enough except for time, I have seen anywhere from 45 min to 12 hrs, any good advice here?

Thanks SG

what method are you using to make canna oil? simmering SLOW in butter and filtering out the material helps a lot with taste. I like to double boil it so the medicine doesnt burn and release a lot of chlorophyll into the butter. THC should be readily soluble in fat so a bit of warming - not toooo much - should be all it needs. I like using like dry as hell medicine and powdering it into the butter, then coffee filtering the warm butter out, and giving the emptied out filter to the dog to get blasted on....

lol @effdecaf let yer dog get blasted XD share the wealth i suppose lol

anywho from what i gathered you started your butter out wrong, you always use either dried bud or dried clippings (sugar leaves and bud shake). i use a screen and after clipping while the buds are hanging to dry i use that time to dry my clippings and save them up. using wet product will only give you that nasty grassy taste, as well as making sure you strain/rinse the boiled mash properly. as for oil i havnt made any myself however i have a friend whos detailed it out for me, pretty much he uses a large slow cooker, about a 2-3 gal slow cooker, but he makes alot so even a 1gal will work, basicaly he uses a gallon of oil and either an 2oz of bud or a QP of clippings and boils it on lowest setting for about 12 hours, then strains and squeezes out all oil from the mush, and at this point either he cools and bottles the oil OR adds more bud or clippings for a 2nd boil for at least another 12 hours. he likes making the really strong stuff lol a small 2inch square brownie gets yah a full on hard buzz for a good 3 or 4 hours+ with the potent oil. all i can really reccommend is use either dried bud or twice the amount of dried clippings and use a slow cooker and low heat long and slow at least 12 hours if not more and make sure your strain and squeeze out every bit of oil from plant material as possible, dont use chunks use ground up bud or clippings

Thank you sunakard2000 for the comback.
All I can say is you must have one happy dog :) :D
I now relieze my mistake with the first batch of butter. Using wet trim left an awful taste, still used it as a filling in banana bread (not to bad) as for the oil used dry left overs from my vap and dry bud. Used the oil to make some dynomite brownies, still muching away.
Happy eating>>>>>>>>>>>
SG

Canna oil is a mixture of extracted cannabinoids and a cooking oil. Many use the whole bud instead of stems and leaves to get a strong oil.

There are a zillion reports of dogs ingesting pot and not many of them are good. Some result in the death of the dog. Just like humans can ingest chocolate while it is poison to dogs, pot is also toxic to dogs (and most other animals).

Plus, dogs don't have the receptors in their brain like humans do so they don't get "high" from it. It usually results in panting, increased blood pressure, incontinence, irregular heat beat as well as other symptoms, none that are good.

Cases of dog ingestion in Colorado have doubled and tripled since legalization ans it's actually becoming a problem for veterinarians out there.

Please don't give pot to your dog or cat. They don't enjoy it any more than you enjoy getting so drunk that you are falling down and throwing up.

I have been training dogs and working with vets for a long long time. Trust me on this, please.

hxxp://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/02/stoner-dogscolorado-veter_n_1933361.html

hxxp://www.livescience.com/42135-pot-and-pets-should-dogs-get-high.html

There are a zillion other articles on this topic if you really want to search it out.

PLEASE, don't give dope to your dog. :)

There are a zillion reports of dogs ingesting pot and not many of them are good. Some result in the death of the dog. Just like humans can ingest chocolate while it is poison to dogs, pot is also toxic to dogs (and most other animals).

Plus, dogs don't have the receptors in their brain like humans do so they don't get "high" from it. It usually results in panting, increased blood pressure, incontinence, irregular heat beat as well as other symptoms, none that are good.

Cases of dog ingestion in Colorado have doubled and tripled since legalization ans it's actually becoming a problem for veterinarians out there.

Please don't give pot to your dog or cat. They don't enjoy it any more than you enjoy getting so drunk that you are falling down and throwing up.

I have been training dogs and working with vets for a long long time. Trust me on this, please.

hxxp://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/02/stoner-dogscolorado-veter_n_1933361.html

hxxp://www.livescience.com/42135-pot-and-pets-should-dogs-get-high.html

There are a zillion other articles on this topic if you really want to search it out.

PLEASE, don't give dope to your dog. :)

hmmm..."dogs don't have the recptors to get high"....but they will act "drunk"....disagree...my buddies dog takes a pin drop of rso monthly...she sleeps in the yard and wakes up fine...and the tumor she has on her front right elbow is 1/10 the size it was before and the old girl actually prances again....no disrespect intended...

mojo

Well my two cents(not that anyone asked for it) is as follows.....no one can sit down and interview any animal other humans so there is no way to know if a dog or cat or what ever actually likes getting stoned. So I wouldnt give my animals weed in anyway way shape or form unless there was a medical condition that warranted it. If my dog had a tumor I would most certainly give the dog weed.....but not to get high just to fight the tumor. I just look at it like if someone were to dose me with something and I didnt know it, I would be angry as hell even if it was just weed.....I just think everyone has the right to dictate what goes in there body and what doesnt......Just my own thoughts on the subject of giving pets weed....i just would never do it unless there were a medical reason for it....then I would be all for it.

Latest posts

Back