Little Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gumber

Reaction score
Flouro
24hrs
Hydro (DWC)
flushed/drained (no effect)

my roots are developing a sort of algae on then its comes off but meh could this be a problem? also, old leaves turn yellow and splotchy and turn brittle then break. will have pics soon

Any help?

my bad forgot - about 3 weeks old

Gumber said:
Flouro
24hrs
Hydro (DWC)
flushed/drained (no effect)

my roots are developing a sort of algae on then its comes off but meh could this be a problem? also, old leaves turn yellow and splotchy and turn brittle then break. about 3 weeks old

Hey Gumber,
Algae needs light to grow. If algae is growing on your roots, then somehow, light is getting onto your roots. It may be as simple as you looking at them too often. Make sure your grow chambers are complely sealed from light, and try not to look in there but every couple of days and then with dim light. That should resolve the algae problem.

The leaf problem could be your nutrients. What are you feeding and how often?

haha, i feel like an idiot.:mad: Makes sense....oh, and about the nutrients, um its a 20-10-10 mix half teaspoon 2-3 wks. and i changed it from DWC to NFT (was afraid of root rot).

P.S. do i need a bubbler for NFT?:confused:

Don't feel bad, I bought a turn key system and they give me this plastic storage box (28qt.) to use for the watering. Has holes for 8 plants, no way would I put more than 4 and drip irrigation. Thank goodness they used black tubing for the drip irrigation because they connected it to the top of the box, if I were to make my own I would put the tubing under the lid, if there is a leak, it leaks right back into the reservoir. The box has a white top and CLEAR bottom. I bought some cheap plastic that is white on one side and black on the other to cover it and have not had problems with algae since.

day 41 plant 2 flowering.jpg

Gumber said:
haha, i feel like an idiot.:mad: Makes sense....oh, and about the nutrients, um its a 20-10-10 mix half teaspoon 2-3 wks. and i changed it from DWC to NFT (was afraid of root rot).

P.S. do i need a bubbler for NFT?:confused:

Hey Gumber, it's a matter of agitation.

The water that's in-line with the pump needs to be aerated. If the aeration is due to forced air "bubblers" or agitation, the end result is aerated nutrient solution delivery.

Think of what the plant needs. Oxygen, Nutrients, and a light/dark cycle. Break it down however you want, that's the facts.

NFT can be fun...

PVC Heaven

Yes, I forgot to mention. My system came with an aerorator (aquarium air stone easy to come by) and I then turned around and switched it to a 12" air stone to give more air. As you can see the plant loves it! The first pic was taken Day 39 the 2nd Day 45...one week!

Day 39 plant 2 roots.jpg

Day 45 roots.jpg

Hey Rav, now that I see your system, you do have a DWC, (Deep Water Culture), system. Ebb and Flow is an entirely different beast.

DWC will grow some fine plants. You've got a good handle on it now.

Some pics of your plants and grow area would help.

Lookin Good!

Latest posts

Back