living at home but paying rent

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RossAlexander

Reaction score
if i am living at home but paying rent and my room is not actually a part of the house that my parents live in..its like a pool house and i pay what a normal amount of rent would be in my area can my parents still go to jail if i am ever caught growing??? i have a walk in closet .nobody will really ever catch me ..except my parents if they go looking for something in my closet one day but typically nobody ever even comes out to my room...

The only way around the owner not getting into trouble is if you have a rental/lease agreement in writing between you and your parents, and also have a seperate postal number from the rest of the residence. Now this is just my opinion. They still may link your parents to the grow, but having a lease agreement would def. help. IMHO

ok cool thanks for the info mutt ..what does IMHO mean? thanks

I think it also depends on the situaion, for instance if you are 18+ and your parents could prove that you pay rent, then you dont have to have a written contract, it could be considered a verbal contranct. Your best bet is just be very smart and super secret, and all should be ok.

yeah you're totally right FOD. the only people that know i'm growing will be people on this forum. i'm not even telling my girlfriend who is totally cool with me smoking weed. if you don't tell ANYONE than all should be alright. besides...wouldn't you feel so cool if you did an entire grow from start to finish and made out with like a pound of good bud (i'm only growing 1 or 2 plants) and not a single person knew. i would feel pretty damn cool and sneaky!

RossAlexander said:
ok cool thanks for the info mutt ..what does IMHO mean? thanks

"IMHO=In Humble Opinion" ;)
Yep, thats right most of the busts that happen for small time growers is word of mouth. Of course HID fires being in the list too. (smoke alarm and fire extinguisher two very good investments.)

mutt is right ,,you need some kind of a lease or rental agreement ,,,also you would need to have a lock on the door ,,this is for your parents protection ,if they have no access to the room its likely they would not be charged as they could not gain entrey,,TELL NO ONE ,good luck and be well ,rasta

hey ross whats up man ,,welcome ,,,,(imho)in my honest opinion

Latest posts

Back