LLCoolBud First Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LLCoolBud

Stoned Activist
Reaction score
Hey there all Ive been browsing the forums alot recently and signed up now and im ready to do my first ever grow. I have decided to document it on here to help me increase my chances on having a sucessfull grow.

MY EQUIPMENT:
2 Lamp
2 30W Compact Floro
2 Clay Pots
1 Mirical Grow All purpose plant food 12-4-6
4 Huron Seeds(Niagra x White Widow)

3 of my seedlings are still germinating..and one is a 2 week old sprout i lost one do to inproper handling.

Strain Info From Dr.GreenThumb.com
Mostly Indica
Mold resistant
Medium flower to leaf ratio
Large yield
Best outdoors

Flowering 60- 75 Days
Yield 200- 450 g

Potency: 4 out of 5
Bouquet: Earthy, heavy

Heres a current picture of my grow:

curgow.JPG

sprutling.JPG

The first thing you should do IMHO...Dump that miracle gro in the toilet.good luck

Im going to pick up some worm castings tomoro i guess ill order some earth juice or speacial nutriens then what do you suggest??

Also i am already having issues with ventilation i was quick to note the use of pc fans i have several extra lying around would any of you be kind enough to tell me how to wire them with some sort of power device thanks in advance??

I, myself, use Fox Farm products (photo op), but there's a plethora of companies that make quality ferts. It also depends on in you want to go organic or not. You have plenty of time to look and ask around for opinions, they wont need nutes for a week or two. As far as a fan, use anything for now. Even if all you have is one of those big-ass sqaure house fans, just put on low and bounce the air off walls and shit. Gotta move(and exchange) the air.

ffc99.jpg

Thanks alot mountain the one sprout that i have is starting to spread its first leaves im so excited...so do you use fox farm soil or just nutrients for veg and bloom? Thanks alot I need to go shopping soon also im looking to get a 250W HPS soon for clones.

As for the fan i got nothing until i find out how i can wire up these pc fans for some ventilation but thats my main issue with my grow box atm. If someone knows hows please dont hesistate to post :p

LLCoolBud said:
...so do you use fox farm soil or just nutrients for veg and bloom? Thanks alot I need to go shopping soon also im looking to get a 250W HPS soon for clones.

As for the fan i got nothing until i find out how i can wire up these pc fans for some ventilation but thats my main issue with my grow box atm. If someone knows hows please dont hesistate to post :p

Damn, I just wrote this long ass reply and went to post it and the sever was too busy...lost it all.
But anyway. I wish I could help you out w/ the fan thing, but I fear any wiring info I could give you could quite possibly result in fire damage to your grow room and anything attached to it. sorry. Can't have that on my conscience. Have you asked around in other tred sections?(set-ups/lighting?)
I'm sure one of these very knowledgable brothers and sisters could help you.

As far as Fox Farm...I, and everyone I know that uses it, swears by it! I havn't tried the soil yet, but they seem like really good mixes. Again, the people that use it LOVE it. I use my own compost with FF ferts-"Grow Big" for veg and "Tiger Bloom"+"Big Bloom" for flowering. FF also has some enhancers
out there but I haven't tried them yet either. I'm sure they're killer too.

I would like to try "Avanced Nutrients" products but can't affor them @ present. It's specifically engineered for cannabis , and in every study I've seen done on it, it's blown everything else out of the water.

GET SOME AIR FLOWIN' QUICKSTYLE!

I now hooked up a fan its hanging in the center with the lights i can already notice the difference with the tiny fan!!! Thanks all.

Have you seen the thread called " wally world setup for under $40".

You have a great idea and are in the right direction, but here are sum ideas for you, hope this helps.

Will do I wired the fan with a 9v plug and the fan is a 12v but its the highest i could find do you think that is electrily not safe i taped off the wires and everthing no open circuts and it seems to be working good.

Edit: With the help of GreenDayGirl and her electrician friend I was able to find out you don't need to worry about it catching on fire but having the wrong voltage after time is hard on the fan motor and may burn out the motor on the fan over time. He says it could last that way for maybe two years.

worth it in my books thanks again

Well an update is at hand...my sprout has begin to spred its first leaves and i watered it also i added 2 more seedlings from a friend both are large stemed and one has a nice set of first leaves with very sharp viens(its beautiful) the other is still a pod but a long stem still even without the baby leaves im hoping that it beigns to open soon. I will post pics tomoro and ask some questions for sure lol until later....peace.

Picture: lol

this is of the best of the three my friend is having some renovations so he gave me his two started sprouts to take care of..he told me to water them tomoro morning which is now and i did.

Questions/Report:

This plant was drooped over onside of the cip when i woke up so i watered it and put a pen for it to lean against is this ok?

The pod sprount that has just as a long stem as number one is already beginging to open after one day in my box cant wait to see what will happen.

Third and final sporut it my final remaining one it has started to spread its first leaves but is having issues i watered yesterday trimmed its pot and have it under the light now hopeig it will start to spread its leaves fully.

Well thats all for now ill post more pics later please tell me if it sounds like im doing anything wroung i dont want to loose anymore plants do to complelte retardedness lol :D:D:D Thanks all.

cproutg copy.jpg

when you transplant you can fill dirt up to the first leaf.. next time you plant put your baby half way inside your planter...then you can add some dirt up to the first leaf growth .....and if you get some light wind happening...that stalk will thicken up

thanks for posting a pic :D

Np ive been watchin it all day I sware ive seen it grow. ;) Ive modified my set up to perfection because i had to make room for my 4 seeds in germ too hopefully they grow without a hitch this time. Ill post more pics when they are needed lol until next time.

P.S i have a fan on all three and they are stiffining up.

thats cool, u have any pis's of the new modifications?

Ahoy here is the updates:

-Adjusted wiring to the side (made it safer):cool:
-Added Second Light:p
-Cut both reflective cones to adjust for size and space;)
-Preparing for 4 more seedlings:eek:

:D

Until later....

csprout1.jpg

csprout2.jpg

jsprout1.jpg

growsetup.jpg

ok...paint to walls white, add a lid so it contains the light and hang 2 2foot long floro bulbs from the lid....they cost maybe 30 bux a piece at lowes

Latest posts

Back