LLCoolBud First Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its got a lid that is on there 98% of the time...I will look into painting it white but i was probally only going to use it for vegetation as most of the plants will ne going outside but i am going to make a proper grow box to keep a perpetual harvest....I just donno if its worth my time usesing this when i can make one from scratch to perfectly fit my needs.

Edit: I'm going to have 7 seedlings under these two lights which are 23w compact florors with 1700 lumens each totaling at 3400lumens will that be enough for all them??

Well heres some updated pics.... im planting 4 more seeds today so be prepared for more. Day 2 of the log i dont exactly know how long these plants hav been growing now but i decided i should start counting now especally with the wake of the new batch. The first seeds were slower due to my error so these next ones should be able to catch up;).

Good news as you can seed the stems already thinkened up and the plant can stand on its own again all of them are looking nice showing fresh growth shoots :D the one that was a pod before has now started to spread its leaves alotho it seems stuck shut i think it will open it self eventually. :confused:

CSprout1-Day2.jpg

CSprout2-Day2.jpg

JSprout1-Day2.jpg

mountain said:
I, myself, use Fox Farm products (photo op), but there's a plethora of companies that make quality ferts. It also depends on in you want to go organic or not. You have plenty of time to look and ask around for opinions, they wont need nutes for a week or two. As far as a fan, use anything for now. Even if all you have is one of those big-ass sqaure house fans, just put on low and bounce the air off walls and shit. Gotta move(and exchange) the air.

Also Moutain would you beable to tell me what you use for the vegetative cycle as well from fox farm? and would you be able to give any advice on feeding charts as i will need to know soon. Thanks alot.

JSprout1 is my only serviving seedling lol so it better be. I germed two seeds at first and it was the only one that made it threw my hack. I may be sounding retarded cause im new but I have a faint feeling that it will make a good bonsia tree later on...But 4 new seedlings later on today. :)

I need help!!#!# my J sprout has wilted and is completly on its side now!!1 Is it gonna be ok?? Im just gonna leave it cause i dunno what i could do to help it ill prolly just hurt it. I hope its just a little too wet and recover i want this baby to pull threw weve been in a long trip.:eek::confused:

might be dying/dead....it happens sometimes

LLCoolBud said:
Also Moutain would you beable to tell me what you use for the vegetative cycle as well from fox farm? and would you be able to give any advice on feeding charts as i will need to know soon. Thanks alot.

Hey bro, there's a good chart flotin around here somewhere. do a search on threads w/ Fox Farm in it.
I start w/ what they say on the bottle(Grow Big for veg)... 1 teaspoon per gallon of water every watering- usually 2-3 days apart. Water em until it starts to seep uot the bottom.
Good luck.

Update the CSprout 2 has cracked and started to spread its second set of leaves.

CSprout1-Day3.jpg

CSprout2-Day3.jpg

LLCoolBud said:
Update the CSprout 2 has cracked and started to spread its second set of leaves.
Whats up LLCoolBud. If i might make a suggestion. Add some dirt to your cups. Fill them up about 1/2 inch to a inch from the top. It will give your babies more support.

I was thinking they were about ready yo be planted in the clay pots but im afriad that just pro-mix wont be a good enough medium?

LLcool...those plants "need dirt"!!! ..and critically. Growth above ground is directly pproportionate to growth below ground. And there isn't even enough dirt in those cups to allow the roots to anchor the plant. Why so chinsey on the dirt?..a full cup would provide ample support and room for a few weeks of growth.

yeah it needs more soil LL, plus i think i read somewhere..i don't know if it's true or not..that if the seed is planted in little soil or something they end up being mostly male..but like i said, i dunno..good looking grow though..nice plant

Transplanted both to medium clay pots. Reconfigured my grow box to allow the babies to get some hieght and proper air flow. It works alot better now easier access.:D I watered each thougholy no water driped out the bottom but i think the amount was sufficient. I hope to see some big growth now.

Well heres the pics.

day4.jpg

growbox.jpg

Indeed! I just cant wait for them to start branching and such;), I'm gonna go to home harware and look for far fox big bloom and Grow Big ill be needing them soon.

Could anyone give me an educated guess of how much water i should give these once they are dry to the touch at the bottom? Just wondering im thinking about 2-3 cups of water each? am i totally off?

LL'...water untill they are totally saturated, untill water is seeping out of the drainage holes, then DO NOT water again untill they are dry. Their need for water is directly related to their speed of transpiration. Transpiration is determined by the environment(higher RH and lower temps will require less water than low RH and high temps) and the amount of vegetative material(leaves) that are present. (More and larger leaves transpire more water).
Letting them dry sufficiently also promotes root growth(seeking water)..IMHO. Presently have seedlings similar in size to yours, but with more veg' material, and it was 7 days between the last waterings. "Over watering" is without question, the most common failure of newbies...again.."IMmostHO"

Watered till saturated and dripping out....2nd watering in the clay pots.

Comments Welcome..my friend got his hands on some fox farm Big bloom for flower now i just need to find the growbig formual for vegetative stage and im good to go! In the coming weeks im going to be getting an hps to have a perpetual grow:D just cant wait till i got a selection of stash

CSprout2-Day4.jpg

CSprout1-Day4.jpg

Quick update:

Will post a longer one later on with closer pics.

MLNA0005.JPG

Latest posts

Back