LONG term storage

Discussion in 'Harvesting - Drying & Curing' started by zem, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Mar 11, 2011 #21

niteshft

niteshft

niteshft

For hash making that was fine, that wasn't the issue. For smoking, alot of trichs will get knocked off and settle on the bottom of the bag/jar, along with all the frosty ice that built up from the sweat of the buds.

2. May 5, 2019 #22

zem

zem

zem

I have some 3 year old weed in the fridge and freezer as well as outside. IME temperature fluctuation causes the most oxidation on the buds and the buds that are out get darker and weaker faster. The fridge and freezer are working good. The buds look as good as new. I only stored crisp dry weed in freezer to prevent damage and humidify it once it comes out and before I use it.

Rosebud likes this.
  3. Aug 12, 2019 #23

Bongofury

Bongofury

Bongofury

Need a light?

Trimmed buds on the stem that have been dried and cured, then into a sealed jar with 62% bovida packs, in a cardboard box set in the corner. I open the jars once in a while and take a wiff. :D That's what I learned here a few years ago. Works for me. :) mmm mmm good.

4. Aug 13, 2019 #24

Aksarben

Aksarben

Aksarben

I have a few grams in canning jars, and also quite a few fresh dried buds in Folgers coffee container that was emptied. How well does storing in empty coffee cans/jugs work? I work at our winery in the lab and have access to all kinds of Nitrogen in a 300# nitrogen tank near my titration set-up. I made beer a few years ago and learned that hops have a shelf life as well for flavor, but the bittering in there still is useful. I store some in the refrigerator and some in the freezer. They say they definitely have a shelf life and I would think it would be the same with buds.

I have read that nitrogen and/ or vacuum sealing kept in cook dark location (safe, dark cellar, etc) are best choices for long term.