Long white part

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marrymirror1

Reaction score
I transplanted yesterday. The white root has gotten longer. However, part of it is exposed. Is that the stem forming or is it it the root exposed? If it's the root, what should I do?

marrymirror1 said:
I transplanted yesterday. The white root has gotten longer. However, part of it is exposed. Is that the stem forming or is it it the root exposed? If it's the root, what should I do?

If you could post a pic, it would help everyone understand what you actually have going.

What are you using for light? How far is the light from the top of the seedling?

What size pot is the seedling in?

Is the seedling in dirt?

If it's in dirt, how long is the part that you put under the dirt?

How long is the part above the dirt?

Is the seed shell off of the seedlings "Head"?

I am using 120 hps light. I am not using soil. I'm using rockwool and cocoa colored pellents around the rockwool. The stem is about an inch exposed and the seed shell has not yet come off of the head. The pot size is about 3 inches I'd say. The light is about 15 inches away from the seedling. Sorry no picture, digital camera broken :(

marrymirror1 said:
I am using 120 hps light. I am not using soil. I'm using rockwool and cocoa colored pellents around the rockwool. The stem is about an inch exposed and the seed shell has not yet come off of the head. The pot size is about 3 inches I'd say. The light is about 15 inches away from the seedling. Sorry no picture, digital camera broken :(

I've never heard of a 120 watt HPS. Could it be a 150 watt?

As long as the seedling is still growing and no light can hit the "root" end, it'll take and start shucking the seed shell off the "head" in a day or two. If you help it, do so very, very carefully. I use two dentists pics, to do it when I have to. It won't take long for the root to fill the rockwool cube. What are you going to plant it into next?

Latest posts

Back