looking for a good high yielding strain to try indoors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi I'm very new to growing as in have never grown befor lol and am looking for a good high yielding strain to grow in my 4x4x6. Any recommendations are welcome!

What do you want in the end product? Something kinda up and speedy or something that makes you relax and maybe drool.ha

What kind of high do you like? This should be your first consideration. Also as a new grower, I would recommend looking for something easy to grow rather than trying to find some high yielding strain that might be difficult to grow--not all strains are alike. I would look for one of the old school strains that are stable and forgiving. If you like indicas you might look at Northern Light or White Widow. For a more sativa type high, C99 is easy to grow and has a short flowering period for a sativa high. Satori from Mandala seeds is also an easy to grow strain with a nice up high.

There is a learning curve to this hobby and you will find that as you get to be a better grower that your yield will increase. You will not get maximum production from your first grows. So be patient if at first you have the yield you desire.

THG and Umbra gave you some great recommendations. Cindy or C99 are both fun, satori is my best friend. Think about those 2 for sure. I have grown both and they are good ones.

Chucky' Bride by Eskobar.

I'm a sativa kind of gal--like that up happy high. I will get to the "drooling can't get off the couch" all by myself as I get older. I have grown both C99 and Satori. They are both wonderful up highs. Both are fairly easy to grow. If I could only pick 1 strain, I would go with Satori over C99, but both are great. Pcduck enticed me with his description of Chucky's Bride, so I ordered a 10 pack--they are in route right now. Chucky's Bride is 1/2 C99 and 1/2 Cheese. Never smoked cheese, but am looking forward to trying it.

The sativa dominant strains are the ones that give the up happy highs. However things that have a lot of sativa in them tend to be tall and willowy and take forever to flower. All the strains we have mentioned above have shorter flowering times.

Damn, you guys are going to make me get some Chucky's Bride beans....

HSO Blue Dream was a great grow. Very nice high with an easy to grow stable strain. Grew 3 along with 3 critical kush under 2k of lighting. Got 8 oz per plant with 7 weeks of veg. Grew in pearlite/vermiculite with GH 3 part nutes.

Some of my first grows were nirvana's ppp and I had good luck with it. Nirvana crosses just about every strain with his old male skunk from what I hear. Some people don't like that but it makes the plants easier to grow and also larger. I was getting real good batches of good mild sweet flavored smoke. More than off of the nl. They didn't taste or smell very skunky. Very thick buds.
I kept it simple 5 gal. Bucket Schultz potting mix 1/2 gal perlite 1 heaping 1/2 cup of garden lime
foxfarm trio nutes 400 ups. Maybe some worm loop. Actually that's about how I woulld do it now.

Latest posts

Back