Looking for flavor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retama 1925

Reaction score
It seems to me that the new varieties do not have flavor I recall from the past. I have bought many different brands and tell the Bub Dudes what I'm looking for. So far it all tastes the same. I'm an outdoor grower (many years ago) and while all the retail outlets product has wonderful aroma, there is no taste. The most recent Bud Dude said that soil grown has less flavor than hydro grown. That's not been my experience. I have worked ag for many years and soil does influence flavor. Is this like Heirloom veggies that have taste/flavor. Has it been lost for higher THC, size and faster maturing. I'm looking for a bud like a fine wine or craft beer to savor. Don't need a one hit wonder. Thanks

hey there retama , welcome aboard

a few flavors that made smile are ,

-Durban Poison , the anise licorice pepper makes me salivate just thinking about it

-Malawi , a cross of overripe fruitiness to the taste of the fern covered forests of the Santa Lucia mountains around Big Sur

Columbian Red x Cheese , sweet tropical fruits mixed with some cheesy skunkyness , it was a product of love from Brother Barefoot

Jackie-O , the cream de la cream of orangey tangerine flavors

some of these flavors were grown in Hempy buckets , Smart pots , and outdoor soil by growers that I personally know , or by myself , NO additives other than natural teas with the exception of the Hempy buckets which were grown with GH nutes 2 part with the 8-16 ratio

Thanks....I have grown better tasting buds from old mexican weed decades ago. I do understand varieties and my ag friend is strongly suggesting God Seeds. Last summer I played with old seeds and grew one that has that hashish flavor that I don't find anymore. Basically I'm hearing that its only seeds these days. Again thanks and I do not mean to sound ungrateful for current info and its just a hobby that gives back

I know a few as well....so there are many varieties out there that have the characteristics you mentioned. Reach out to the marijuana community and you will find what you are looking for. When you find it don't loose it. I have been growing some of my strains for over 10 years. Be well and welcome.

Alice's Restaurant.....................you can get anything you want there, 'cept for Alice.

I see that these days everyone is focused on seed variety and appreciate all the tips. Can anyone explain why it is only seed variety now. Sounding like a geezer...I am. columbian had a flavor, Thai sticks, and other had flavor

Latest posts

Back