Looking for ideas on building a DIY Smoke eating Air filter system for bedroom at night

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You could do that recycle smoke bag thing that Walt does 😁
You beat me to it. Maybe Walt could give ya aqualung lessons?

SubGal had the best idea. Pipe the smoke outside by the easiest way possible. Even an inline fan and a flex hose out the window would work. I've thought about hooking one up to the Old Hen when she goes on a cabbage and sauerkraut binge.

You beat me to it. Maybe Walt could give ya aqualung lessons?

SubGal had the best idea. Pipe the smoke outside by the easiest way possible. Even an inline fan and a flex hose out the window would work. I've thought about hooking one up to the Old Hen when she goes on a cabbage and sauerkraut binge.
Use this and point it at the window fan
1654788715275.png

I installed an 8" inline fan in my attic and have it pull from my back porch where I do all my smoking...it sucks the smoke out of the room instantly if I'm under the vent...the fan is about 60' from the room and zero noise is heard inside...

OK here's the deal my Dog has been having a severe breathing problem at night and the Docs still have no clue , so all my inside of house toking has ceased.
(my wife is also now bothered by the strong smell of MY Perfect smelling weed (thks James the perfect) LOL

OK so I want to build a small yet very efficient filter devise to eat ALL of my smoke I exhale into the room
Here is my idea and lets see if we can build on it Thank You Open to all suggestions @Tattered Old Graywolf and other mechanical minds here.

I plan to start with the smaller charcoal filter and mount a vortex fan onto it blowing air down through the filter
and a flexible hose (^ inch AC cooling air tube) on the other end that can be held in hand while exhaling smoke into it.
Have a simple off and on switch along with maybe a fan speed controller for noise reduction.
Quick flip and smoke should be gone.
I wonder if I should work a Hepa filter into the works too?
View attachment 299683
Are you're neighbors very close to you? If not just blow it outside. Vortex fan puts out around 220 cfm that's a lot of air.

We use an Alpine 300 with 2 plates to clean the air in our house ..

Pute's probably used one when he was in the car sales market, .. and you wonder why used cars for sale have no heavy aromas inside them

Alpine Air Products | Air Purifier Systems

OdorStop Ozone Generator with 2 Ozone Plates
Patwi
Did you see this part?
CAUTION: Ozone Generators are for use in unoccupied spaces only. Excess ozone concentrations can cause mucous membrane and respiratory irritation. Ozone generators are for commercial purposes and not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or persons with lack of experience and knowledge. Children should never set up or operate an ozone generator.

Patwi
Did you see this part?
CAUTION: Ozone Generators are for use in unoccupied spaces only. Excess ozone concentrations can cause mucous membrane and respiratory irritation. Ozone generators are for commercial purposes and not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or persons with lack of experience and knowledge. Children should never set up or operate an ozone generator.

yeah .. we only run it when we're gone ..when getting home I go first and shut it down .. yeah .. we've had the alpine for about 20 years and this is our second one ... ..

but it does purify the air

yeah .. we only run it when we're gone ..when getting home I go first and shut it down .. yeah .. we've had the alpine for about 20 years ..

but it does purify the air
I am looking to build something I can blow the smoke into also being sucked in and filtered
While I am in room sleeping after waking from pain

Patwi
Did you see this part?
I have one but we don’t run it unless I’m trying to get rid of a weird smell. You are not suppose to have pets or peeps in the room but it’s a different kind than the alpine house one. This thing would get rid of a dead body smell 😂 it makes the room smell like an indoor public swimming pool to me. But it does work great in the garage after a party during the rain where everyone was smoking their cigs in the garage. That’s the last time I used it.

Sounds like it would be good to get rid of any urine smells or that wet dog smell.
One accident on the carpet and dAMM room stinks . I ried all kinds of urine destroyers

Latest posts

Back