looking for Paintball co2 and regulator inf

• Thread starter northernlightssmokn
  • Start date
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N

northernlightssmokn

I would like to collect info and opinions on using to co2 cannisters for paintball guns and regulators...whats the best methods, do you need a co2 meter or detector? Whats a good formula to use for a small bedroom grow..?? I like the idea of not having to bring a big tank in and out of an apartment complex. I realize that it is not the cheepest metod but it does seam to be quite reliable and easy to conceal.

a 9, 12, 16 or 24oz bottle of co2 doesn't hold enough to bring levels up high enough in a room to be worth using... in a small cabinet one could... but still not worth the money... either get ur co2 by 50lber or bust.

StinkBud said:
Go to a pro-shop. You can usually grab some used tanks for around $15 each. Watch how much you release though. You could end up euthanizing yourself next time you walk into your grow space. LOL!

Actually it's pretty safe if you vent properly, and it's a great way of adding MEASURED amounts of co2 to your plants. I always find it weird that we strive to measure exact amounts of water, nutes, and light and yet we don't employ an exact system for co2 injection.

You'll never kill urself with small co2 bottles... unless the room is like 2 square feet.... go to a local air/welding supply store... get a contract and get yourself a 50lb bottle...

StinkBud said:
I realize you're a more experienced at growing mj, and I definitely defer to that, however I spent 5 years filling tanks in a local pb field, and had to be certified in carbon dioxide, compressed air up to 5000psi, and Nitrogen gas, and a 50 lb bottle of co2 in an enclosed grow space would put an elephant down. Co2 is lethal at a dose of 5000 parts per million and can cause unconciousness at levels as low as 3500 ppm. That means that for every 'liter' of air, it would contain 5000ml of co2. That roughly translates into 2% of your breathable air and if you're releasing that in a grow space, say the size of a closet, you're going to at least knock yourself out, if not cause cardiac arrest. Now, consider that co2 is a heavier than air type of gas, shown that it's sold by weight, and not volume. This means that standard ventilation, which tends to draw ambient gasses off, won't remove the co2 from your grow space. Co2 settles, it doesn't blow away and dilute.

Here's the MSDS if you're interested;
http://www.uigi.com/MSDS_liquid_CO2.html

I believe he ment to get a 50# bottle and use a reg. and valve to release the Co2 to the ppm that you want.

I myself use a 20# bottle, thats heavy enough ~ 65 pounds

Growdude said:
I believe he ment to get a 50# bottle and use a reg. and valve to release the Co2 to the ppm that you want.

U got it... u'd be an idiot to distribute anything from a compress source w/o a reg. (dont need to tell me about paintball man, I play it at the canadian xball league level)

I dont bother with the old Co2 cannisters as its too cumbersome and a pain in the arse. If you just use fizzy mineral water (or even soda stream water) and spray your plants with it, it will give a nice small amount of Co2 throughout most of the day

Latest posts

Back