Looking for simple answers to not so simple questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wikkedsun

Reaction score
Hey hows it going everyone im new to this thread i just signed up yesterday. If anyone could tell me some basic info like what size pot you should use for indoor plants. any nutrient info from start to finish would be great. any soil information would also be nice. how many plants should go under a 1000 watt what temp u want ur room at. does anyone know how to muffle a vortex 8in fan? with a carbon filter could u spray the outside with like febreeze to change exhaust scent? I posted this in the introduce yourself forum and had TWO moderators send me to a link and basicly call me lazy for not reading the entire manuscript on growing. id prefer people who have first hand knowledge of what im asking and not just a link to a page of info. please if anyone can help me ill greatly appreciate it

Most ppl use up to a 5gallon bucket for a pot... this ensures easy, fast growing with no restrictions for the roots... you can grow over a 5 foot plant in a 5 gallon bucket.
Nutrients should be 20-20-20 or so when vegging and around 5-15-15 for flowering.
Plants should be spaced minimum 1 foot apart.. so the most under a 1000w hps would be 16... unless u have a 4x3 reflector.
Vortex fans run VERY quiet as is... just sounds like air blowing.. shoudln't be a problem.
If you have a good active carbon filter you do not need to febreze anything as you will get clean air out of the exhaust.

The reason you were told to look it up.. is because the first sticky lined out all the information you will need... and so someone doesn't have to post it again and again.

Now you know some of the basics... read through some of the forum... you'll learn basically everything you need to know in one nite of reading.

wikkedsun said:
I posted this in the introduce yourself forum and had TWO moderators send me to a link and basicly call me lazy for not reading the entire manuscript on growing. id prefer people who have first hand knowledge of what im asking and not just a link to a page of info. please if anyone can help me ill greatly appreciate it
Hello wikkedsun. The reason you were sent to the link was that everything you need to know as basics is on that link. It makes no sense for someone to have to type it all over again so you can read it in a reply, when you can just as easily read it where it's been provided for that very reason, just as our most senior Moderator has already told you.

You need to educate yourself by reading up on the basics BEFORE asking the same basic questions that have been answered time and time again.

The help FAQS were taken from members who are in this group and have extreme knowledge of how to grow marijuana.

Your post is more than slightly insulting to those who have already tried to direct you to what you need.

As you have been told again, you have to take the time and effort to find some of the basics.

A simple search of this site will tell you all you need.

200+ pages of information have been made available to you. This is ALL information that you need to know, and it doesn't cover a tenth of what you really need to know to have a perfect grow. Each of the serious growers on this site have read THOUSANDS of pages about growing marijuana. If just a couple of hundred pages intimidates you, perhaps you need to keep buying your weed off the street. It takes a lot of personal effort to become a serious grower.

Please don't insult the people of this site again with comments like you've made in this post. If you would like to speak with me about this issue, send me a private message and we'll talk.

This site is a very friendly site. Most of the active members have a great relationship to each other and have become friends here. We allow no bashing, no flames, and no impolite behavior. A lot of the other marijuana groups do allow that type of behavior. We simply don't. People who start those types of actions here, generally don't remain members very long.

Thank you,

Stoney Bud.

hey its like this if you don't do the reading how will you know anything about growing marijuana. everybody on this post is family if you don't want to be in are famliy then leave but we do not let are famliy take the easy way out there are so many ways to grow there can't be just one way is the best. thats why we give you the links so you can read and make up your own mind on whats best for your grow we are here for support.

isnt the point of these forums to have questions answered by other growers? I joined bc i would rather have knowledgley people answer my questions then be given a reference guide. those links that the moderators sent me can be easily obtained anywhere online. if u find my comments a bit harsh i apologize those were not my intentions but i would prefer answers and not just a link. i have almost 10 harvests under my belt which may not seem like a lot but to me it is and yes everytime i go through a new batch i learn something new. i needed an actual persons answers to my questions bc a lot fo what u read can go either way. and if you guys treat everyone like family on this forum i think you have a strange way of treating a new family member. but whatever thank you kade for answering my questions no matter how simple or "basic" they may seem to others

They were just giving you a start by reading the "stickies". Usually the stickies will answer most of the questions you had and probably give you new questions. They are made because they found that the same questions were being asked and if you look at the number of posts...well it just isn't fair to keep our moderators to keep answering the same questions. I guess they could just cut and paste to you what you would read in the stickies.. but in reality people in grows and set ups need information specific to their grows.

We do welcome you to our forum and want you to be successful in every grow you attempt. There is a post that helps with which information is needed to best help you:

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2942

The more specific you question is and the more specific information on what you are working with will give the moderators better ability to help you out. Other's that read the posts and post themselves will share their wisdom but most of us look to the moderator's to share their wisdom. They are wonderful help.

Kick back, smoke a bowl and enjoy reading the posts ~ Rav :peace:

Thanks Rav, thats all i was asking some simple ?'s not looking to start anything i completly understand if we all help the cause it will have a better end result. nice camaro by the way

hey bro look im on my first grow and all those questios you asked i could have answered the first time i ever germinated a seed indoors was sept twentysomething. of this year yet i have still not asked many questions i do my research and then ask opinions that is what forums are for not QandA. to have intelligent discussions with peers. im glad to have you aboard and look forward to the knowledge you can share. with 10 grows already you should be able to contribute well to this site. honestly i read for probably 2 or 3 months before i decided growing was for me as its not for everybody. its a fun hobby that requires alot of patience and attention.and i enjoy it alot i hope you have luck my man

wikkedsun said:
isnt the point of these forums to have questions answered by other growers?

Yes, it is wikkedsun. However, we do expect you to at least try to find the answers to some of the common questions yourself.

The questions you asked involved very, very, very, long, long, long answers.

Take for example:

"nutrient info from start to finish would be great"

Man, that simple question covers about a thousand pages of material.
Soil growing using different techniques of which there are probably 20 of them, all call for different nutrients at different times. Hydroponic information, (my specialty), has several dozen different methods used for each technique and will vary by the strain, type of hydro, size of plant, etc. etc. etc. I could tell you thousands of variations to hydroponic nutrient usage that would fill hundreds of pages.

Asking us to type "start to finish" about nutrients is a staggering request. I guess you didn't know that, because you wouldn't have asked in that manner had you understood this.

"how many plants should go under a 1000 watt"

This question has many answers as well. It depends on the size of the room, how large you intend to grow your plants, what type of ventilation you're using, if any, and how much head room you have available to use.

Again, it simply isn't reasonable for you to expect any of us to type out all the hundreds of possibilities that exist. We directed you to a FAQ page so that you would learn the basics and narrow down your questions to something that is fair to the people who would be answering you. Any grow book you can buy discusses all of your questions in detail. Each of your questions, and the variations to the answers have been discussed at length on this site and can be found with simple searches.

We are a family here. A close family of users that have, for some, been here for some time and have answered every question you've asked many times. We now have almost 4,000 members here, and if each member asked the same beginners questions like "what size pot should I use", without even looking for the answer first, we'd never get anything done.

We ask ALL the members to buy at least one grow manual and read it BEFORE asking questions.

If you look at the large majority of the questions asked, there are variables about that particular grow that are NOT covered in either the FAQS or in grow manuals to the extent that the information is needed.

If you are looking for a group that will lead you by the hand and teach you every single thing you need to know about growing marijuana, you're in the wrong place. This site is for discussion of growing, not teaching growing. You need to learn the basics of how to grow from the easy sources that are available out there, or just read some of the 60,000 posts that have already been made on the site.

If there are things that you still don't understand about what you've read in your grow manual or online growers guides that are, as you say, all over the net, then all of the growers here would be more than glad to help you understand what you have read or learned.

Please understand that we aren't trying to be rude to you, and that this same problem that you're now having has come up here dozens of times. We have four Mods here, and as one, I can tell you that I spend a minimum of two hours a day, seven days a week, answering questions here that are posted by those who have already tried to find the answer in one way or another and simply haven't found the right answer.

No one on this site wishes you any problems or is trying to be rude to you. After you've been here for awhile, you'll see the flow of the posts and have a better understanding of how this site works.

Good luck to you man, and I'm sorry that we've gotten off on a bad note. I hope you'll stick around and enjoy the site. It sounds like maybe you've had a lot of outside growing experience that would benefit our members and perhaps the confusion is that you're just now trying to learn how to grow inside.

Being specific with your questions will also help.

Thanks man, and again, welcome to the group.

Stoney Bud.

Stoney Bud said:
We ask ALL the members to buy at least one grow manual and read it BEFORE asking questions.

But but but... I dont have one!! =*(

KADE said:
But but but... I dont have one!! =*(

Suurrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeee you don't.

I'll bet you've got a bunch. Probably a few thousand pages of reference material on your HD as well...

Hhahaahahahaha, you're such a kidder!

these are the most noobie friendly forums on the net wikkedsun, if your questions are being responded to with a link that would usually mean it's basic knowledge, a question that's been answered 1 million times, or the answer is subjective. searching isn't hard dude :)

besides some of the answers will vary depending on who you ask and depending on what strain you are growing (your nute question). the size of pot varies depending on what type of grow (SOG will use smaller pots of course).

sage advice right there.

Stoney Bud said:
Suurrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeee you don't.

I'll bet you've got a bunch. Probably a few thousand pages of reference material on your HD as well...

Hhahaahahahaha, you're such a kidder!

No, actually I dont.... I've looked through the ''bible'' at my local hydro shop a lil bit... but I hate paying the price ppl want for books nowadays... when I was a kid they were not so bad.. i dunno *** is goin on now.

My HDD has some stuff I wrote up to give to friend growers n stuff... for reference. my own sorta refresher bible.

KADE said:
My HDD has some stuff I wrote up to give to friend growers n stuff... for reference. my own sorta refresher bible.
It's 449,673 pages long...

Hhaahahahahaha, you're killin me!

hers a site that will help u .http://www.a1b2c3.com/drugs/mjgrow10a.htm
The number of plants is based on growing fairly bushy indica strains that take up a larger area than some slender sativa strains. If you know the strain you will be growing is slender, you can grow more plants in the same size area.

A 250 watt fixture will supply enough light to cover a 2.5 foot by 2.5 foot grow area. (6 plants or less)
A 400 watt fixture will supply enough light to cover a 4 foot by 4 foot grow area. (12 plants or less)
A 600 watt fixture will supply enough light to cover a 5 foot by 5 foot grow area. (18 plants or less)
A 1000 watt fixture will supply enough light to cover a 6.5 foot by 6.5 foot grow area. (30 plants or less)

Stoney Bud said:
It's 449,673 pages long...

Hhaahahahahaha, you're killin me!

no, but probably 30 full pages of size 18 text.

I kinda disagree with the whole 6.5 feet thing under a 1000watt hps... 4x4 is what you want... after that lumens drop off huge. stuff will grow... but at a rapidly less desired rate.. it is where I put my 'dirt'y or experimental ones... around the outside..

Latest posts

Back